Grip It And Whippet

Kirislin

this video is of Kelly McGarry, a cyclist I'd never heard of before, but he recently died unexpectedly and the people close to him weren't sure what to do with this video, then they decided to release it. I'm glad they did. Have a look, it's fantastic and once you get over the heart in mouth watching how close the whippet gets to his bike, you'll realise the whippet knew just how to judge the distance and it will bring a smile to your face. Some stunning film work too, and whippets are the coolest dogs.

I saw this yesterday in a Facebook group- it is incredible!

had to watch it again :) its just so perfect. I am glad they still used the footage.

And Tui is SO happy.

RIP Kelly.

Edited by denali

I love where they cross the river.

That whippet is typical of the way I think of them. Either out flat, or flat out. Mine were the same, they'd sleep all day if I wasn't doing anything, but if I was going horse riding all day they'd be with me the whole time and if I rode 35ks they probably did at least 70 because they'd zig zag all over the place smelling exciting smells. Once we got home they'd collapse exhausted but while I was going, so were they. I love how Tuis head pops up when he hears the bike at the start of the day, and then when they get home just shoots in and goes back to bed. It's really a lovely tribute to Kelly McGarry and his love for cycling and Tui. Who will Tui run with now I wonder :(

I love where they cross the river.

That whippet is typical of the way I think of them. Either out flat, or flat out. Mine were the same, they'd sleep all day if I wasn't doing anything, but if I was going horse riding all day they'd be with me the whole time and if I rode 35ks they probably did at least 70 because they'd zig zag all over the place smelling exciting smells. Once we got home they'd collapse exhausted but while I was going, so were they. I love how Tuis head pops up when he hears the bike at the start of the day, and then when they get home just shoots in and goes back to bed. It's really a lovely tribute to Kelly McGarry and his love for cycling and Tui. Who will Tui run with now I wonder :(

I was thinking the same. I hope one of his mates takes him for a run sometimes.