Dog Shows

swain

Hi, anybody know of any dog shows near or in melb this weekend? Trying to do research for a future addition to our family. Is that the best way? In past have used backyard breeders (before becoming informed of course!!!).

Hi, anybody know of any dog shows near or in melb this weekend? Trying to do research for a future addition to our family. Is that the best way? In past have used backyard breeders (before becoming informed of course!!!).

Victorian shows are in Warrnambool this week....................suggest you check calendar on Dogs Victoria website

:thumbsup: on doing your homework. Dogs Vic home page and under the pull down menue labelled Get Involved, you'll see Events Calendar. The next All Breeds Champ Show at KCC Park at Skye (near Cranbourne) . aka State Dog Centre is Saturday Feb 6. If you mouse over the orange label on the calendar, it will show you some details. and left clicking on it seems to give you time place etc.

THe Groups will likely be on at different times and/or different rings, so if you know what sort of breed/s you are interested in, it's worth checking what group they're in, so that you can find them more readily ANKC Breed list in groups

Sorry if you knew all this .. just thought of things I would have found useful to know back in the day :D .

Well...i have an announcement.....we didn't get to the dog show, however for the past little while I've been looking into German and Japanese spitz. Comparing the 2 hubby and i finally decided on the german. Llancarfan kennels had one last German spitz mittel left. After him umming and ahing he agreed that going a registered breeder would be best. Please don't judge but before i became informed about backyard breeders and puppy farms we had gotten 2 of our dogs that way. This time i wanted to do it right. Thats why was going to take hubby n daughter to dog show to see the spitz in action. Anyway....sorry about blabbing. I'm super happy about our decision and glad to have done some homework. Also knowing you have the after care from breeder is reassuring!