Mosquito Repellent For Puppies

Nic123

Hi everyone

We have a new Labrador puppy who we will be taking to his first puppy preschool next week!

Unfortunately it is outside at night time and we had quite a lot of mosquito's last time.

Our pup likes to lick and we were wondering what mosquito repellent is safe to use?

Just want to make sure we aren't going to use anything that would make him sick. I have seen Off Clip On Mosquito Repellent and have also been told about Repel X for him.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for the replies.

He is definately an indoor puppy. This is only for puppy preschool which is on at 7pm so quite a lot of mosquito's.

He is currently enjoying our air conditioning :D

Delighted to hear it.

If it is only for an hour, I'd go for a dog friendly insect repellent like Repel X or Permoxin (make into a spray)

Thank you for the replies.

He is definately an indoor puppy. This is only for puppy preschool which is on at 7pm so quite a lot of mosquito's.

He is currently enjoying our air conditioning :D

Delighted to hear it.

If it is only for an hour, I'd go for a dog friendly insect repellent like Repel X or Permoxin (make into a spray)

Thank you I will look into it.

When mozzies are bad here , I hang mozzie coils around :)

LOOK

and HERE these holders are just brilliant!!!

not sure what you could put on a small puppy ... maybe a TINY dab of roll-on aerogard on his ears?

I like and use these coils too, just a word of warning: they burn for hours, don't leave them burning and hanging in a tree unsupervised as this could be a severe fire hazard. Also if in a holder, they could fall off and set the coil free...

If the pub is old enough to use Advantix: Advantix claims that beside killing ticks and fleas it repels mosquitos and ticks too; licking is not an issue if applied to areas the dog can't reach...don't get it on your hands and let the dog lick the hands...

Edited by Willem