Pod Tracker

Tempus Fugit

...you could use your old mobile phone (as long as it has GPS), put it in a freezer bag, tie it to the collar and you got the same functionality (with the advantages that you are not bound to a specific mobile network provider and that you can use a prepaid sim card...ok., doesn't look so fancy...now use 'Location Finder' and you know where the phone / pet is...

I'm not sure that weight would be ideal around a dogs neck unless it's super light and small :)

@ Thistle the dog: this is a quote from your link:

"Crowd GPS

Crowd GPS is an alternative to traditional GPS and revolutionizes the possibilities of what can be tracked. Unlike traditional GPS, Crowd GPS uses the power of the existing cell phones all around us to help locate lost items. The technology works by having the TrackR device broadcast a unique ID over Bluetooth Low Energy when lost. Other users' phones can detect this wireless signal in the background (without the user being aware). When the signal is detected, the phone records the current GPS location, sends a message to the TrackR server, and the TrackR server will then update the item's last known location in its database. It's a way that TrackR is enabling you to automatically keep track of the location of all your items effortlessly..."

...that's pretty much what I thought this app will do...likely not a problem if your mobile plan includes 3-4 GB data, but for some plans without data allowances it could be a nasty surprise...

@ sas: ...approx. 120 - 160 gr should be ok. for most breeds :D:) ...

Edited by Willem

@ Thistle the dog: this is a quote from your link:

"Crowd GPS

Crowd GPS is an alternative to traditional GPS and revolutionizes the possibilities of what can be tracked. Unlike traditional GPS, Crowd GPS uses the power of the existing cell phones all around us to help locate lost items. The technology works by having the TrackR device broadcast a unique ID over Bluetooth Low Energy when lost. Other users' phones can detect this wireless signal in the background (without the user being aware). When the signal is detected, the phone records the current GPS location, sends a message to the TrackR server, and the TrackR server will then update the item's last known location in its database. It's a way that TrackR is enabling you to automatically keep track of the location of all your items effortlessly..."

...that's pretty much what I thought this app will do...likely not a problem if your mobile plan includes 3-4 GB data, but for some plans without data allowances it could be a nasty surprise...

@ sas: ...approx. 120 - 160 gr should be ok. for most breeds :D:) ...

Ah I see, although I would expect them to be aware that having it on runs the risk as they need to have installed the trackr app for the data to be sent. But they will not be aware when they've walked past someone else's item.