Fast Foster Home Needed For Elderly Chi

westiemum

I'm trying to play some mental gymnastics here and convince myself that this marvellous little man will be better with an older child and someone who is home a lot of the time to keep him company. And I can spend more time with my three - and its a struggle... this tiny guy is going to leave a huge hole... so convince me people!

True love (as you well know :D ) in the world of rescue and fostering is doing the best by the dog and not thinking of yourself - no matter how hard it is :cry: . I wouldn’t be surprised if Zac’s new family is shortly in the market for another littlie and you will be able to help again.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that all went really really well. Very hopeful Zac has found family to love him until the end of his days. I'll check in with them in a fortnight and go from there. Thanks DD for the pep talk - I needed that. laugh.gif

LOL!! I still think of some of my rescues and fosters with regret ----- despite knowing they were going to better places.

Thank you all - I know he's gone to a great spot where he'll be cherished and get all the attention he needs. Interestingly when I got home from dropping Zac off, Mum said Sarah howled and was inconsolable when Zac and I were gone. Not sure if it was for me or for Zac. She's howled in the past when Andy went to Doggy Care by himself and I was at work (before they all went together) - and more recently when I unexpectedly took Andy to the vet while a friend was visiting from interstate. She's a funny old sausage!! It seems if I go out with another dog without her she howls... luckily she quickly settled when I came home.

Well that all went really really well. Very hopeful Zac has found family to love him until the end of his days. I'll check in with them in a fortnight and go from there. Thanks DD for the pep talk - I needed that. laugh.gif

LOL!! I still think of some of my rescues and fosters with regret ----- despite knowing they were going to better places.

yep I too have regrets about some I have rehomed... tears as they all left but some just grab the heart in a slightly different way. Out of the blue on sunday i received an update about Hollie a maremma girl I rehomed over 4 years ago.. she looks wonderful, and they adore her.. so i had to shed a few more tears. LOLs

H

Yes I got an update at lunch today and he's settled beautifully and slept on the bed last night with the cat!! eek1.gif All went well and he did the school run this morning and waited at the school gate until the 11 year old disappeared from sight - apparently he's become very attached to her already and follows her everywhere. And they said they love him already.

So the tears flowed again which is not a good look at work! eek1.gif But yes I'm so pleased that its going so well - he loves children so to have one of his own is a dream come true for this little guy. And yes I'll eventually get over it!! laugh.gif Yes dogbesotted I think you're right - some do affect you differently - and I think he's one of them - and he's not even a westie!! laugh.gif

Edited by westiemum

I had one adoptive family who I think were quite worried I wouldn't cope after a particularly lovely boy who had needed a lot of tlc had left my care. They reminded me numerous times I could drop in anytime I wanted to see him! And they kept in touch on FB and came to some events with him. But he couldn't have cared less about me from the minute he walked out my front door. Mine were tears of happiness for him really that he was finally ready to give a new life a shot and that he chose an actual family with young kids to start his second life with (very different to what he'd had in the past).

Thanks SG. I had the most amazing array of choice of homes for this amazing little man including you! thumbsup1.gif But once I knew I had an offer from a home with a child I knew for his sake I had to try it for him. And while every one of those other brilliant offers for him would have worked in their own ways, I so wanted him to have a child of his own - which I couldn't offer him either - and so far so good!! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by westiemum