Dog Soap Optimum Ph

This article quotes an ideal dog shampoo pH level of about 7.

Having said that, very few dog shampoos/soaps will have the pH level on the label. Soapless dog and horse shampoos are generally good alternatives for sensitive canine skin I find. :)

Thanks RP.

I searched around and found some dog soap--> Corrynne's Natural Soap, I contacted them to ask for the Ph and had a reply saying:

The Ph of the dog soap is approximately 8.5 .. Corrynne told me to let you know that you can restore your dogs ph levels by washing with our soap and rinsing it out with apple cider vinegar – mixed 1 part vinegar to 9 parts waterA good idea I reckon so I'll do that.

The soap ingredients are:

Dog Soap - 100gramLavender, Tea Tree, Lemongrass, Green Clay & Neem Oil - 100g

Like most of us, dogs have very sensitive skin, that's why this soap is perfect for them. It is made from pure coconut, olive, palm oils and lavender, Tea Tree and lemongrass essential oils. Blended together for their anti-bacterial, healing and soothing properties. The soap is very lathery which helps to lift fleas and eggs out of their fur. Stop your pet suffering, the natural way.

Price: $ 3.50

post-26505-0-30192000-1435184968.txt

I have bought some so will give it a go and rinse with ACV afterwards, Daisy seems to have developed a skin irritation lately so it need fixing, calendula cream helps but she is a dirty dog, rolls in the muck/chook poop/bandicoot poop/mangrove mud/dead crab/dead fish so she needs bathing every 2-3 weeks.

Oooh. This looks great. I've noticed Ernie had some dandruff. Either the girls didn't rinse him well enough after his last bath or he's still reeling from one week of cheap kibble and roast drippings when he went to my friend's. (I KNOW he's still carrying 4kgs, fatso).

I'm always looking for a great dog soap. I use expensive shampoos on myself so I have no issue with paying top dollar for my dog as long as it does what it says it will do. I also prefer all natural stuff on Ernie as he is a licky boy. He's also prone to rolling in decomposed bodies so whilst I know he SHOULDNT be bathed more than once every 2-3 months, I'm not living with him inside when he stinks. So gentle on his coat and skin is paramount.

I've been using the Dr Zoo (MooGoo) products on my cresties for a few months and they seem really good!

http://drzoo.com.au/pet-skin-products.html/

I use the Itchy Dog shampoo followed by the Itchy Dog conditioner which I leave on their skin - I just rub a small amount of the conditioner over them when they are still damp from the wash and then towel dry them.

Edited by CrazyCresties