Help With Regurgitation

Sheridan

Yep Zantac syrup - from the chemist. Published dose is 2mg/kg every 8-12 hours. If Mac seems to be having trouble overnight with reflux I will often give him an ad hoc dose of Zantac syrup with a syringe to settle him - works well. Hope that helps.

I've never been told about this syrup exists :(.

Hopefully Miss Mini is feeling better.

Its what they give babies and easy to gte

If she is amenable to handling then sub cut fluids from time to time might help a lot by not only maintaining her hydration but taking the pressure off both of you.

I'll talk to the vet but as I said, she's just been sick again.

Have you tried the Zantac syrup Sheridan? I find Zantac quite helpful with my reflux. Also, anyone know if there a dog version of Pariet (rabeprazole) that could be tried as a preventative?

Anecdotally I find that room temp water with a little bit of apple and raspberry cordial (less than the 1:4 ratio) has helped settle my reflux when I haven't had any meds - no idea why or if it would help anyone else but I notice the difference from plain water.

If she is amenable to handling then sub cut fluids from time to time might help a lot by not only maintaining her hydration but taking the pressure off both of you.

I'll talk to the vet but as I said, she's just been sick again.

Bugger :(

A bit good and a bit bad. Essentially, her bile ducts are clogged. She's now on Ursodiol in an attempt to clear them. She's also on Cyssiprin (sp?) for the reflux and that seems to be helping, though she still has kennel cough. She's not wanted to eat anying so far today but she has had a drink. Last night she was hungry and ate some chicken. I will need to syringe some food down her throat soon.