Help!

The seizure thing could just be a combination of them being a bit overly-vigilant and lacking in knowledge.

I don't think any of this necessarily means they will be bad pet owners.

I would just state that you would like the puppy checked by your vet because it is useful for these things to have a second opinion, and that they can take the pup themselves. Then depending on what that vet finds you will go from there. I'd also mention that you both want the same thing: whatever is best for pup.

Sounds like they might be frightened off by the idea of having to return the pup.

Cripes. My dog has fart attacks in his sleep, can I cry defect? I don't want to send him back though, seems I'd fit right in!

A normal person would have called to voice their concerns before racing off to the vet for seizures...

Havins said that, Gus went to the vet once for a penis infection...it was jizz. I was horrified.

Now I feel slightly less stupid for taking my dog in to have that weird little black lump removed from his chest- which turned out to be one of his nipples :rofl:

At least you didn't try to pull a nipple off thinking it was a tick :o

Um. I almost have. I've never told anyone till now.

Seriously tho, is this their first dog? Because if it is -- get the pup back now. Maude help them if it grows up with s taste for feces.

Cripes. My dog has fart attacks in his sleep, can I cry defect? I don't want to send him back though, seems I'd fit right in!

A normal person would have called to voice their concerns before racing off to the vet for seizures...

Havins said that, Gus went to the vet once for a penis infection...it was jizz. I was horrified.

Now I feel slightly less stupid for taking my dog in to have that weird little black lump removed from his chest- which turned out to be one of his nipples :rofl:

:scared:

(I will admit to picking at it. In my own defense though.. if you don't want your nipple to be mistaken for something else, don't have a randomly black nipple when all the rest are regular dog nipple coloured)

:scared:

(I will admit to picking at it. In my own defense though.. if you don't want your nipple to be mistaken for something else, don't have a randomly black nipple when all the rest are regular dog nipple coloured)

Lucky in a way it was Stan so of course he was screaming (as you would) until I realised. If it was Maddie I could've pulled that sucker right off and she wouldn't have made a sound, she has a very high pain tolerance.

The seizure thing could just be a combination of them being a bit overly-vigilant and lacking in knowledge.

I don't think any of this necessarily means they will be bad pet owners.

I would just state that you would like the puppy checked by your vet because it is useful for these things to have a second opinion, and that they can take the pup themselves. Then depending on what that vet finds you will go from there. I'd also mention that you both want the same thing: whatever is best for pup.

Sounds like they might be frightened off by the idea of having to return the pup.

Exactly! This might be their first dog, or first puppy. They sound like caring owners who are just worried for their puppy. There is no need to demand the pup back or threaten them. Why not be compassionate and understanding and help guide them through this - they are probably worried sick. They need support not criticism.

Yep, been there done that :laugh:

this is their third dog of the same breed. things seem to have quietened down now - I keep asking her to take her to our vets for the 'dogs sake', but it's not happening. She doesn't want money back so there's not much I can do. I have also offered to pay her second opinion vet bill.

this is their third dog of the same breed. things seem to have quietened down now - I keep asking her to take her to our vets for the 'dogs sake', but it's not happening. She doesn't want money back so there's not much I can do. I have also offered to pay her second opinion vet bill.

Makes the comment about the puppy having seizures in its sleep because its legs are twitching even worse.

You could ask her for a detailed opinion from her own vet, complete with prognosis amd suggested treatment, I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if she has misunderstood the vet in the first place.

But really, considering the contract and their refusal for a second opinion from your vet at your expense. I don't see what more you can do.It would just be nice to be sure about the puppy, though.