Puppy Diet

Dusty1

Please excuse if this topic has been done to death already. We have just bought home a couple of days ago our new nine week old Springer. He was currently being fed on Proplan at the breeders and looks in great health. He was on a 'Breeders' formula and I cant source the same product. I have enough for two ore days feeding and was wondering what the preferred kibble was as I understand new products are coming onto the market all the time. He also gets a chicken wing twice a day at this stage. Many thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Some top puppy foods (in my opinion) include Canidae Pure Foundations, Ivory Coat Puppy, Earthborn Puppy and so forth, but it's a case of finding what's right for you and your puppy.

If you want to stay with something similar Proplan will have a regular puppy formula. I feed Artemis in general but my ESS eats all the prize winnings - Advance, Hills, Proplan - she does well on everything as long as it doesn't have corn.

Photos please :thumbsup:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Thank you everyone. There are just so many brands out there and have been looking at nutritional values of a lot of them. Will be going out tomorrow to purchase. Just new here so not sure if I can put pic here but will try. Cheers

maybe start with a small bag of proplan, so you don't have to make your decision in a hurry. You will need more than 2 days worth to transition to a new food properly anyway... The last thing you need is an upset tummy when you're trying to toilet train!

What does the breeder's diet sheet recommend? If it specifies the formula you can't get (I don't see any mention of "a breeder" formula on the website though) then I suggest you phone the breeder and ask what they recommend and mention that you can't get that product. I know what works for my dogs and my puppies - but what I do may not suit an ESS puppy. :)

I think the Proplan Breeders Formula may be the same as ProPlan Performance?? ProPlan Performance comes in really big "Breeders Bags" sizes and it says it is for all ages from pups to adults :)

This is correct. Where i work sells the proplan performance food in the breeder bag and most pet stores should have it.

Don't forget, majority of super premium foods have a 100% money back guarantee. So if there are any problems with the food whatsoever, just return it and you should be able to exchange/get your money back.