Portrait Painting

sheena

Looking through some of "their" work, I noticed a picture that was familiar to me. It was A Greyhound In An Extensive Landscape by Alfred de Dreux. Now, unless Alfred de Dreux has been risen from the dead and is painting for them, that's not their work.

Strange...cause that's what I felt too. The one with the Border Collie & the lamb in the snow.

Golden retrievers by Nigel Hemming. English setters by Thomas Blinks. Wire fox terrier by Lilian Cheviot. Hound is a George Stubbs painting. Basset hound by Sandro Nardini. Hunting dog by Alexander Pope. Other greyhound painting by Christine Merrill. Several more English setters by Thomas Blinks. Springer spaniel by Lilian Cheviot. Irish setters by Henri Schouten. More setters again by Thomas Blinks.

Cavalier seems to be an original work in that someone has pasted a cav's head onto a painting by Karl Pavlovich Bryullov.

Above those paintings is the text- "Here are some further examples of our skill."

Edit- the disclaimer from the bottom of their About Us page..

Please note that all of our paintings are 100% hand painted originals, NOT reproductions or digitally produced prints.
Edited by Maddy

Me thinks this guy is a fraud....& to think he is trying to get business off dog clubs by offering to donate from each purchase. :confused:

I'd be asking why he is claiming the work of other people as his own. I had a casual look through his other galleries and they were the same, all other peoples' work.

That said, I believe the paintings on the home page are his, there is a big difference in quality/skill compared to the ones in the galleries though so it's still very misleading.

Those are mortifying.. Anyone who's studied art or visited a stately English home would recognise a Stubbs or a Blinks. How embarrassing for him.

Blinks' hunt paintings are amazing. Stuff like this cannot be compared to someone awkwardly photoshopping a dog into some random background.