Venting Time

DobieMum

I get to feel like a lepor sometimes, because I chose to get pedigree dogs & not rescue

Don't worry, I'm a vet with two purebred cats (as well as two rescues) and a purebred dog - you should hear the flak I cop sometimes :laugh:

Jokes aside, there's more than enough scientific (health-related) evidence to seriously question the practice of routine desexing, especially in large breed dogs. Of course I'm against backyard breeding and accidental pregnancies, however I'm also against mindless desexing. I think every case needs careful consideration of the possible benefits and risks.

So nice to hear this coming from a vet!

Can we have more vets like you please :)

Well in 8 years you'll have me biggrin.gif

Just have to get through 8 years of uni!

Great news, now can you move near me :) or when you are done at least.

OT but 8years? I thought it was 5

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why people can't comprehend that even if you neutered 99% of all dogs, that STILL would not stop BYB's and Puppy Mills.

True - but it might stop a whole lot of accidental litters, especially when very young females come on heat early ie younger than 6 months.

It won't stop the numbskull on the beach that thinks his bitch won't get pregnant because he's watching her like that's "birth control" for dogs.