Welsh Corgi (pembroke) Puppy

DariaS

Hello dogs experts,

My name is Daria. Me and my husband live in Melbourne.

We are really keen on having a dog in our family.

After doing our research and meeting different breeds we both agreed that Welsh Corgi (Pembroke) was our dream dog. We have started our search about 3 months ago.

Ideally, we would like to have a red and white dog with a tail.

Unfortunately, we still have not found our doggy. It seems like our search is not really moving anywhere and it gets really frustrating.

We would highly appreciate if you guys could help us in our search. Please, give me a shout if you currently have a corgi puppy or expecting a litter or know somebody who is expecting puppies.

Cheers,

Daria

Congratulations on choosing one of the best breeds (I currently have 3)!

Are you open to getting a dog from interstate? Currently Nireno kennels have puppies available and they breed very nice dogs.

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/member.asp?name=NIRENO

You can scroll down and click on the box that says "Puppies" to read their puppy ad. They also have a website. Caron is very knowledgeable and passionate about the breed. She also has lots of youtube videos so you can see how she raises her dogs and what they are like.

Puppies cope fine with flying and Caron is experienced in sending pups around Australia and internationally.

If you do not want to get a pup interstate then I would recommend contacting Dygae or Purdella - they both breed nice dogs. Contacting breeders via phone has been best, in my experience. If they don't have litters available or planned then they will be able to recommend other breeders or you may really like them and want to go on a waiting list.

Good luck! Hope you're ready for lots of hair everywhere! :laugh:

Oh, and don't get caught up on the tail or bobtail thing. Go for the puppy with the most suited temperament as tail length is so minor.

Edited by Mim

Are you open to getting a dog from interstate? Currently Nireno kennels have puppies available and they breed very nice dogs.

You can scroll down and click on the box that says "Puppies" to read their puppy ad. They also have a website. Caron is very knowledgeable and passionate about the breed. She also has lots of youtube videos so you can see how she raises her dogs and what they are like.

Puppies cope fine with flying and Caron is experienced in sending pups around Australia and internationally.

If you do not want to get a pup interstate then I would recommend contacting Dygae or Purdella - they both breed nice dogs. Contacting breeders via phone has been best, in my experience. If they don't have litters available or planned then they will be able to recommend other breeders or you may really like them and want to go on a waiting list.

Oh, and don't get caught up on the tail or bobtail thing. Go for the puppy with the most suited temperament as tail length is so minor.

Thank you a lot for your prompt reply!

Corgi is the best breed indeed. We are really in love with them.

I saw the Nireno kennels ad. The puppies they have look really awesome. The only problem I have with getting a dog from interstate is that we will not be able to meet the puppy beforehand. I think that your puppy should choose you as well. He will spend all his lifetime with us... What do you think? Did you have a chance to meet your dogs before you took them home?

I did contact Purdella. I talked to Howard a few times. He is a really nice person. He and his wife usually breed their puppies for the show ring and not always have puppies for pets left. He said that he would contact me should they have any puppies left. Fingers crossed they will.

I believe that I have contacted Dygae before as well and they were not planning on having litters somewhere soon.

We are sooo ready for lots of hair everywhere!:) We can't wait our dog to join our family!

Thank you once again for the reply! It is really helpful!

Edited by DariaS

Patience is the key...

Find a breeder that you feel comfortable with and wait it out, ask about health testing (whilst it is not a requirement for the breed, it is important).

You are totally right. We should be patient...

It seems that going to a waiting list is the way to go.

Thank you for the health testing advice

Thank you a lot for your prompt reply!

Corgi is the best breed indeed. We are really in love with them.

I saw the Nireno kennels ad. The puppies they have look really awesome. The only problem I have with getting a dog from interstate is that we will not be able to meet the puppy beforehand. I think that your puppy should choose you as well. He will spend all his lifetime with us... What do you think? Did you have a chance to meet your dogs before you took them home?

I did contact Purdella. I talked to Howard a few times. He is a really nice person. He and his wife usually breed their puppies for the show ring and not always have puppies for pets left. He said that he would contact me should they have any puppies left. Fingers crossed they will.

I believe that I have contacted Dygae before as well and they were not planning on having litters somewhere soon.

We are sooo ready for lots of hair everywhere!:) We can't wait our dog to join our family!

Thank you once again for the reply! It is really helpful!

No, a puppy does not need to choose you. Corgi puppies love everyone so it wouldn't be a sign if one ran up to you or anything. When you find a good breeder, they are the best ones to choose the most suitable puppy for you; they have raised the litter and know them best.

No, a puppy does not need to choose you. Corgi puppies love everyone so it wouldn't be a sign if one ran up to you or anything. When you find a good breeder, they are the best ones to choose the most suitable puppy for you; they have raised the litter and know them best.

It actually does make sense. I can't disagree that the breeder knows best and can match the right puppy to the right family.

We should consider getting a dog from interstate as well.