Classic 'dogs Locked In Cars' Comment Today

pepe001

I agree with CavNrott, in that these people will most likely be hostile and it is best to call police or centre management.

Yes. When I saw a dog in a car on the top, unroofed parking area of our local mall on a boiling hot day ... it was lucky that there was a police beat inside the centre. There were 2 officers on duty & I told them about the dog & its location. They were fantastic... they only paused to grab their caps & were out the door like a shot to deal with it.

I should have added that in some cases, I don't think anyone should wait.

There was a time that I saw a dog in a car, the window was down a bit and it wasn't very hot - although most people know how quickly a car can heat up - so I wrote a note and put it under the windscreen wipers and waited in my car. I was going to give the owner 10 minutes before calling 000. He came out shortly afterwards, saw the note and drove off. Yes, I was on my own, no one else around and, yes, I was too scared to approach him personally.

There was a time that I saw a dog in a car, the window was down a bit and it wasn't very hot - although most people know how quickly a car can heat up - so I wrote a note and put it under the windscreen wipers and waited in my car. I was going to give the owner 10 minutes before calling 000. He came out shortly afterwards, saw the note and drove off. Yes, I was on my own, no one else around and, yes, I was too scared to approach him personally.

I have usually come across this when I have been working & wearing a Security uniform.

I also carry a 4 cell torchlight. That breaks windows easily.

We were in Rose Bay once. A female parked on a No Park sign. Got out of her BMW dragging a kid and went off to a local Ice Cream Parlour. In the locked car, with two windows down, was a little fluff ball.

Said fluff ball did not like being left & was jumping all over the interior. I phoned the local Ranger & the local Police.

The Ranger turned up & we did a countdown. Police arrived when 12 minutes had elpased. Outside temp was in the low 30's. Fluff ball was most distressed.

Just as the Police smashed the window, the female returned. Her excuse was 'But I only took the boy to get an ice-cream'.

I left after telling her that was the most expensive ice cream she had ever purchased.

x1 smashed window to be replaced.

x1 parking ticket

x1 ice cream.

Can not help dumb, can you.

:(

Some people just don't think. I had just decided the last week or so it's getting too hot here in Tassie for my girl to come to the shop with me. I've always parked fully in the shade and set a 5 minute timer for myself, but it's just getting too warm. She loves her car rides too, so I've just been putting the air conditioning on and taking her around the block, haha