The Adventures Of Ronin And Tigger - Update 29/05/17

Yonjuro

There is nothing quite as terrifying to a photographer than hounds coming towards you when filming, because you know the lens is going to be snotted on and you are going to get a black eye :rofl:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When we both burst out laughing, poor Tigger looked at us sheepishly as if to say 'umm whoops" :D He did get lots of cuddles afterwards though.

Thanks so much DDD :) I was getting a bit concerned that people might be getting a bit bored with this thread, so I really appreciate you commenting :)

There is no way I will ever be bored with this thread Yonjuro I love it. I look for any new adventures when I log in and it never fails to make me smile. I think the title should be changed to something like " A year in the life of Ronin and Tigger" or " Ronin and Tigger's Excellent Adventures" :thumbsup: Ok so The Spotted Devil used the last one but I'm sure she wouldn't mind :D

Thanks so much DDD :) I was getting a bit concerned that people might be getting a bit bored with this thread, so I really appreciate you commenting :)

There is no way I will ever be bored with this thread Yonjuro I love it. I look for any new adventures when I log in and it never fails to make me smile. I think the title should be changed to something like " A year in the life of Ronin and Tigger" or " Ronin and Tigger's Excellent Adventures" :thumbsup: Ok so The Spotted Devil used the last one but I'm sure she wouldn't mind :D

Thanks so much HW, I'll keep posting as long as people keep commenting - thanks again for your comments :) Good ideas about changing the title.

This was a play session earlier in the week, much of the same I am afraid, but this time Ronin is doing a nudie run :laugh: - We were at the park in between storms and there was no one there so I slipped off his harness.

Regarding this vid - I am a bit undecided on whether the music this time is perhaps too sappy and loses the humour of the previous soundtracks?My feeling is that it doesn’t work as well, but then again I am not really a James Taylor sort of guy and thought I’d try a slightly different angle LOL. Please let me know your thoughts?

Aaawwwww I still love watching these two cheeseballs play !

Maybe for the music run a friends theme ... As many songs as you can think of with the words friends in it ?

Keep them coming brings a smile to my face :)

Thanks H,

I have some ideas for soundtracks, so will see what most people like and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again for commenting - getting a smile is the aim, so this makes me happy :thumbsup:

Aaawwwww I still love watching these two cheeseballs play !

Maybe for the music run a friends theme ... As many songs as you can think of with the words friends in it ?

Keep them coming brings a smile to my face :)

Thanks H,

I have some ideas for soundtracks, so will see what most people like and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again for commenting - getting a smile is the aim, so this makes me happy :thumbsup:

Sounds awesome .... Thanks for keeping this going it makes a few of us happy :D

One of my favourite songs :thumbsup: I've done video's of the greys running with some ACDC soundtracks, works great

Thanks Rebanne I am happy that you liked it :)

Ah, just lovely - great seeing these two messing around together :DPlease tell me you have "You've Got a Friend in Me" by Randy Newman lined up for one of the videos......

Thanks CC :) I am pleased that you are still enjoying watching these loonies run amok :) And yep I have the Randy Newman track in my maybe list :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was just great, Yonjuro. You are so clever ---- the sound track fitted so beautifully.

ETA: It was lovely seeing a nudie Ronin. That coat is stunning. What are their weights of each dog? Ronin looks to be quite solid, whereas Tigger is pretty tall. They must both be sooooooo fit.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

That was just great, Yonjuro. You are so clever ---- the sound track fitted so beautifully.

ETA: It was lovely seeing a nudie Ronin. That coat is stunning. What are their weights of each dog? Ronin looks to be quite solid, whereas Tigger is pretty tall. They must both be sooooooo fit.

Thanks very much DDD :) I am so pleased you commented on his coat, I am pretty full on with his diet so it is nice to hear that you noticed :)

Believe it or not but Ronin is around 25kg and Tigger is around 37kg. His coat definitely makes him look very solid, but if you go back many pages to where he was at the river you can see that he is quite lean and muscular. Tigger is certainly a big grey, possibly because when diagnosed with a slight heart murmur he went to GAP and was neutered at 4 months. I think the early neutering can result in a bigger dog sometimes? Well that what my old vet said anyway??? Apparently his heart is all good now :thumbsup:

Ronin is scary smart and quickly learnt ways to use his shoulders and bum to bump Tigger because of the big weight difference :laugh: He also is able to get lower than Tigger and use that to his advantage. Ronin will chomp on Tiggers legs :eek: and as we all know greys have very thin skin and plenty of bones near the surface, so I can only guess that he is very gentle as there is yet to be any scratches or woulds on either.

Thanks again for your comments :)

Well I loved the vid and the song choice but I'm a huge James Taylor fan :thumbsup: I don't think the song always has to be humorous, I think this one showed that they are friends. I wish I knew how to make a youtube vid I've got heaps of song ideas for my two but alas...I'm a techno numpty :cry:

Stan is quite a bit bigger than Maddie and a lot heavier :o but she uses the shoulder charge a lot. I've seen her knock poor old fatty off his feet and she runs off with glee while Stan is flapping his legs around like a turtle on his back :laugh:

Stan is quite a bit bigger than Maddie and a lot heavier :o but she uses the shoulder charge a lot. I've seen her knock poor old fatty off his feet and she runs off with glee while Stan is flapping his legs around like a turtle on his back :laugh:

oh the visual!

:rofl:

Well I loved the vid and the song choice but I'm a huge James Taylor fan :thumbsup: I don't think the song always has to be humorous, I think this one showed that they are friends. I wish I knew how to make a youtube vid I've got heaps of song ideas for my two but alas...I'm a techno numpty :cry:

Thanks HW- I am glad you liked the vid, and thank you for commenting :)

It is pretty simple to add a soundtrack to a vid, I think youtube has walk throughs. Once you have that done you can muck around with trimming clips etc. It seems daunting at first but once you dive in it gets easier. I use iMovie on my Mac and then just upload to Youtube. I'd love to see more vids of Stan and Maddie - the digging one you did was very funny :thumbsup:

oh the visual!

:rofl:

Yeah I must say it's a little bit hilarious, especially when my neighbour saw it once and from then on called him the "hero in a half shell" from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :laugh:

Nope Yonjuro it's never gunna happen I'm hopeless. It took me 2 years to work out how to post a photo on DOL and even now I can only attach it as a thumbnail :o :laugh:

This video is my favourite from a rescue point of view. Great song choice I think :thumbsup: just posting it to maybe give you some different ideas, not that you need them I love your vids :D

Wow, the grass at the park has really suffered! I haven't been there in ages.

:laugh: all the effort to make a movie and the grass is the main thing noticed :D ...I don't think Spielberg has anything to be worried about LOL

I am surprised it is as good as it is to be honest. Lots of traffic, lots of wee, lots of digging and of course the Perth summer. They finally put some drainage in around the water bowl, and ground off the sharp corners from the limestone wall surrounding the sand pit :)

Agility equipment goes in next week I think :thumbsup:

Nope Yonjuro it's never gunna happen I'm hopeless. It took me 2 years to work out how to post a photo on DOL and even now I can only attach it as a thumbnail :o :laugh:

This video is my favourite from a rescue point of view. Great song choice I think :thumbsup: just posting it to maybe give you some different ideas, not that you need them I love your vids :D

:rofl: Well, I gotta respect someone who recognises their techno limitations :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That vid is great, and certainly gives me some ideas - thanks! Not sure when I be able to implement them, but definitely food for thought :) I've only started with vids since I made this thread, so it is all learning for me :)

Edit - typo

Edited by Yonjuro