Dog Grooming Course Adelaide

If she bought the dog from a reputable breeder, quite possibly the breeder will happily show her how to groom/pet clip or can recommend a breeder in her area who can show her.

Otherwise she will have to find the course which will spend most of the time teaching her to groom breeds she is not interested in LOL.

here you go ....link for basic dog grooming course Adelaide ok seems the link is a bit dicky. Open the link and type 'Dog" into the search box on the page and it will go to the basic dog grooming course.

This is the most basic pet owner course in Adelaide. Everything else which is basically TAFE is aimed more at entry level professional.

Edited by GrufLife

This is going back a while now, but I bought Clipping and Grooming your Poodle by Pearl Stone (obviously she'd need a shitzu book) and sat in with a professional groomer a few times. My poodles all came up quite professionally done at home and I loved it :thumbsup: This book was my most loved and treasured book along with How to Raise and Train your Poodle back when I was 11 years old.....

Thanks guys. I hadn't thought of WEA, thanks! She did get him from a reputable breeder but this was when they lived interstate so not really practical to go back for lessons haha. I'll pass on the idea of asking her breeder if she has contacts here in SA who could teach her. :thumbsup:

personally if she has no idea where to start and cant get hands on instruction from the breeder, I would sign up for the WEA course which is cheap and targeted exactly at pet owners like her.

If she does the WEA course and feels like it is still something she would like to persue, this complete home clipper kit comes with an instructional DVD for basic pet clipping. The background she will learn at WEA about proper coat preparation prior to clipping plus decent pet clippers combined with the DVD should set her up quite well. I would also suggest this cheap laminated chart which is taken from the professionals bible 'Notes From The Grooming Table' as an additional piece of information and an easy visual reminder guide to have on hand right there at grooming time. The DVD can also be purchased cheaply but the hands on instruction at WEA about coat preparation will be invaluable.

clipper kit with DVD

Drop coat grooming chart

basic pet grooming DVD

PS if her breeders knows Barrie with the ShihTzus here in SA (Shemara I think is the prefix) he has also been a groomer for years. Im not sure what he is up to these days. Last I heard he was grooming at a vet clinic but was not all that well :(

Edited by GrufLife