Tasmania

huga

Thanks :) Cradle Mountain was pretty amazing and there was even a wee bit of snow falling - the first time we'd all seen it (except my OH).

Goosey kept trying to steal food and mama roo got stroppy :laugh: It was a total fluke shot.

Ha. Well, like any good parent I did absolutely no research, so got a bit of a shock! :laugh: I was expecting it to be like our GOMA, but it wasn't at all.

It was fine though, what I found a bit creepy and confronting, the kids weren't bothered by at all! And the wall of plaster vaginas went literally over their heads. Not that I mind them seeing a bit of anatomy, but I was glad about the lack of questions :laugh: They thought the poo machine was simultaneously hilarious and gross.

LOL I've seen kids in there and wondered how they would cope - I love MONA but do find some of the exhibits confronting and disturbing. The poo machine - god the smell! Did you go into the little room, I think it's called the Death Chamber or something?? The one they only allow three or four people in at a time with the water and the stepping stones. And did your boys by any chance come across the toilet where you could watch yourself wee?? :laugh:

Yes, the smell. Bizarre, but so clever - we don't usually associate smells with art.

No, no death chamber for us! Didn't notice it, so not sure it's still there? Ed would have freaked out anyway. No watching ourselves wee either :laugh:

The smell from that poo machine was so bad. I felt like I could smell it for half an hour after leaving.

:laugh: same! I spoke to the lady who was sitting on the door near it last time and asked how she could stand the smell, but she said you get used to it.