Brisbane City Council Officer Slaps Dog Owner With $227 Fine For

Flexistentialist

"Brisbane City Council officer slaps dog owner with $227 fine for not having her dog on a lead at 6am"

I can't believe this woman feels hard done by. Leash your dog in public! I'm glad that council are out there fining people, I'm so sick of my dog (Lab x SBT) harrassed by off leash dogs. It's usually small breed dogs in my neighbourhood too, with owners who think it's cute that their aggressive swf tries to attack my large dog.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/south/brisbane-city-council-officer-slaps-dog-owner-with-227-fine-for-not-having-her-dog-on-a-lead-at-6am/story-fni9r1nj-1227090052956

Edited by Flexistentialist

If you own a animal it's your business to know what the rules are. I'm most city council areas dogs have to be leashed at all times unless it's a designated off lead area so in actual fact I would think the result would have been the same even if there was no sign at all!

Nothing vague about "at all times".

Journo seems to be under the impression that because she's seen lots of dogs of leash there, that makes it ok. Lots of cars are stolen too, so does she think it's ok to steal cars as well?

Ignorance of the law has never been an excuse.

Imagine how different her story would have been if someone with a big dog just happened to have done the same thing she did at the same time and there had been an issue with her dog. Bet she wouldn't have been saying council should be justifying their fines and enforcement practices then.

Imagine how different her story would have been if someone with a big dog just happened to have done the same thing she did at the same time and there had been an issue with her dog. Bet she wouldn't have been saying council should be justifying their fines and enforcement practices then.

Well said!

T.

Fantastic BCC is patrolling Slaughter Falls! We took our tibbie there once and never returned. He was fearful of other dogs but with training was making big improvements as long as dogs don't run up to him. We read the sign before going in to make sure it's not an off leash area. We must be one of the few people who read the sign as there were dogs everywhere off leash. One owner even got aggressive when her dog ran up to mine and I asked her to put her dog on a leash as our tibbie was getting worked up. I was told that my dog shouldn't be such a princess! Incidentally, there's plenty of signs around about keeping dogs on a leash.

Fantastic BCC is patrolling Slaughter Falls! We took our tibbie there once and never returned. He was fearful of other dogs but with training was making big improvements as long as dogs don't run up to him. We read the sign before going in to make sure it's not an off leash area. We must be one of the few people who read the sign as there were dogs everywhere off leash. One owner even got aggressive when her dog ran up to mine and I asked her to put her dog on a leash as our tibbie was getting worked up. I was told that my dog shouldn't be such a princess! Incidentally, there's plenty of signs around about keeping dogs on a leash.

I agree, there are always idiots there with uncontrolled, off lead dogs. Interesting to see Brighton on the list as well. We are not far from there and have stopped going to the beach front as there were so many off lead it was a nightmare. I might have a (dog less) stroll this weekend to see if it is any better, it would be great to walk there again.