Low Protein (20%) Grain Free Kibble For Struvite Crystals

So over the past 6 months we have been feeding our French Bulldog Canidae Grain Free Pure Land which has a 25% protein content, she seems to do really well on this (no chicken, chicken products or grain) and her itchiness has reduced substantially. However as she has had reoccurring issues with struvite crystals and our vet wants her on a lower protein kibble and has suggested Royal Canin Hypoallergenic (21%). Im not overly keen on this food especially if it is going to be for the long term, however I don't want the crystals to become a problem either.

I am on the hunt for a lower protein grain/chicken free kibble's that is around the 20% mark, I have found Dick Van Plattens Natural Balance however I can seem to find if it is available in Australia. Any other suggestions?

Edited by will_454

It is a bit tricky to tick all your boxes. Closest I can come is Nutro weight management. 19% protein, lamb based. Has rice. And also chicken fat though.

A tip for low protein is to look at weight loss products.

Grain free tends to bump up the protein levels.

I have seen Dick Van Pattern's at Pet Barn before.

It might pay to hit the online food suppliers to see if you can get it.

Most grain frees tend to be high in protein. Good luck finding the right one although RC food seems well regarded by some folk.

I have seen Dick Van Pattern's at Pet Barn before.

It might pay to hit the online food suppliers to see if you can get it.

Most grain frees tend to be high in protein. Good luck finding the right one although RC food seems well regarded by some folk.

Interesting, I might do a ring around to see if any of the Pet Barns locally stock it.

Asha was always on Royal Canin as a pup, however since switching her to Cannidae we have seen improvements in everything but the struvites. Having said that she hasn't tried the Hypo before - so it might pay to trial it for a month while i explore options.