Husky + Iggies = Funny

Yonjuro

I went to the local fenced-in off-lead park today with Ronin, we often go there and it is great...

So today there was a massive bunch of Italian Greyhound owners having a meet up. When Ronin came in it was hilarious to see a swarm of around 20 little dogs chasing him. Sorry no photos from me of that but I think some of the iggy people took some shots.

Anyway it was a fun experience for me as I have never met an Iggy before and they were sweet little guys. Happily no one was knocked over by my big furry boof-head.

Was wondering if there were any DoL members there today?

post-49154-0-40863400-1405240940_thumb.jpg

post-49154-0-68794500-1405240965_thumb.jpg

Do I spy a greyhound in the second pic? :)

Iggies are gorgeous little dogs for sure.

Yes that was a lovely rescue Greyhound called Cooper, 2 weeks out of the kennel. I've met 4 rescue Greyhounds at this park, some muzzled and some with their green(?) collar/licence. Lovely dogs and so silky to touch.

Is this the new one near ECU? I walked past earlier in the day but there were no iggies there at that time (I did see a Finnish lapphund though!).

Yes, thats the place, I got there at around 11.30 and it was in full swing. Bummer I missed out on seeing the Finnish Lapphund! Saw 2 different Shibas on different days at the park - theres quite a mix there.

Would love to have seen the iggy swarm :laugh: I've seen a few of them at the lure coursing events, they are just gorgeous!

Where exactly is this park? Ronin looks like he was having fun :D

Yeah, it was a fun couple of hours. Here is the info about the park.

"The City has also unveiled it's first dedicated dog exercise area at Inglewood Oval (corner of Central Avenue / Stancliffe Street, Mount Lawley). The facility has a fenced-off area which includes natural elements such as a mix of sand and turf, agility logs,dog drinking bowl, gazebo and bench seating."

I went to the local fenced-in off-lead park today with Ronin, we often go there and it is great...

So today there was a massive bunch of Italian Greyhound owners having a meet up. When Ronin came in it was hilarious to see a swarm of around 20 little dogs chasing him. Sorry no photos from me of that but I think some of the iggy people took some shots.

Anyway it was a fun experience for me as I have never met an Iggy before and they were sweet little guys. Happily no one was knocked over by my big furry boof-head.

MyBad.

I neglected to say how very swish Ronin looks in that harness. Tend to squeeee a little over Iggies. However Ronin merits one as well.

:thumbsup:

Would love to have seen the iggy swarm :laugh: I've seen a few of them at the lure coursing events, they are just gorgeous!

Where exactly is this park? Ronin looks like he was having fun :D

Yeah, it was a fun couple of hours. Here is the info about the park.

"The City has also unveiled it's first dedicated dog exercise area at Inglewood Oval (corner of Central Avenue / Stancliffe Street, Mount Lawley). The facility has a fenced-off area which includes natural elements such as a mix of sand and turf, agility logs,dog drinking bowl, gazebo and bench seating."

Thanks Yonjuro, may have to check it out :)

I went to the local fenced-in off-lead park today with Ronin, we often go there and it is great...So today there was a massive bunch of Italian Greyhound owners having a meet up. When Ronin came in it was hilarious to see a swarm of around 20 little dogs chasing him. Sorry no photos from me of that but I think some of the iggy people took some shots.Anyway it was a fun experience for me as I have never met an Iggy before and they were sweet little guys. Happily no one was knocked over by my big furry boof-head.Was wondering if there were any DoL members there today?post-49154-0-40863400-1405240940_thumb.jpgpost-49154-0-68794500-1405240965_thumb.jpg
MyBad.I neglected to say how very swish Ronin looks in that harness. Tend to squeeee a little over Iggies. However Ronin merits one as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks Viz :)

Would love to have seen the iggy swarm :laugh: I've seen a few of them at the lure coursing events, they are just gorgeous!Where exactly is this park? Ronin looks like he was having fun :D
Yeah, it was a fun couple of hours. Here is the info about the park."The City has also unveiled it's first dedicated dog exercise area at Inglewood Oval (corner of Central Avenue / Stancliffe Street, Mount Lawley). The facility has a fenced-off area which includes natural elements such as a mix of sand and turf, agility logs,dog drinking bowl, gazebo and bench seating."
Thanks Yonjuro, may have to check it out :)

Please say hi if you see us.

That park had a mention on the ABC today :thumbsup::thumbsup:
what did they say????
Just talking about the facilities and how they had separate areas for different sized dogs. Looked pretty good.

hmmm, that is interesting as there is no separate areas for different size dogs. I wonder if they were talking about a different place? Yesterday there was a Mastiff rotti cross and a Chihuahua in the same area :eek: Must admit I am a bit fearful when I see such discrepancies in size and worry about different dog and their prey drive. I made sure I hovered near the chi just in case, luckily my boy was very gentle with the littleuns but I can't relax or become complacent.

there's an Iggies of WA facebook page and yes they had a get together yesterday and there was at least 20 iggies, so sounds like that was what you found yourself in the middle of. :D It would've been fun to see.

I've just seen some photos of them all including your boy but I dont think they're public access. Was he wearing a harness saying Winter is coming?

There's a funny photo of a herd of IGs clustered around him sniffing his bum. :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin

I've just seen some photos of them all including your boy but I dont think they're public access. Was he wearing a harness saying Winter is coming?

There's a funny photo of a herd of IGs clustered around him sniffing his bum. :laugh:

Yes that was him :laugh: , I would love to see the photos.