Clean Step Door Mat

Big W Clean Step door mat

Review

So does anyone have/used these? We now allow our four dogs to come in the house and with that many dirty paws, I'm fed up with the floor [floating floor boards] looking funky. Badger and Tinker are professional hole diggers, which is OK with us as they do it in the "dog" section of the yard.

I saw these on tele and thought hmmm, do they work? I know they wouldn't be 100% but I'd be happy if they at least took the moisture off their paws. I vacuum everyday as two Labradors tend to shed a snow storm!

I don't have that one, but I have one from the natural pet store that's made to do the same thing. It does work well for one of my dogs but the other dog deliberately jumps over it, because jumping is fun, and so it hasn't completely solved the problem.

We have 2 of them. They are ok, but certainly can't keep up with one grubby labrador. Our floors would probably be much worse without it though!

If you vacuum everyday then they would probably help.

I think Nixon likes to dodge around ours to be honest :( They aren't huge so if your dogs like to leap through the door (like mine) they may well miss it entirely.

I don't have that one, but I have one from the natural pet store that's made to do the same thing. It does work well for one of my dogs but the other dog deliberately jumps over it, because jumping is fun, and so it hasn't completely solved the problem.

HaHa!!! Of course jumping is fun if Momma wants that mat stepped on. Whoever said dogs were dumb knew little about them.

What a toot to imagine your dog deliberately avoiding the mat.

(Typical too)

:thumbsup:

Well I bought one from Big W and it is now washing as per instructions. So it will be ready for tonight, which is a good test as it has been raining here today!

I read that it was too small, the size seems OK to me. If it works good enough, I will grab a few more.

Going to get one and see how it goes! I make my pack wait at the open door, so most of the time they are focused on me and my signal of "ok" to come in and hopefully they won't jump it!

That's exactly what I do too, but she still jumps it. However she is just that kind of creature, so I'm sure you'll be fine :)

I sell these and they are great for my muddy fluff bag, I keep it in the car and crate

post-23033-0-28119000-1404279423_thumb.gif

I want one of these because they look big and fluffy, but I don't really want 'doggy' styled mats in the middle of my loungeroom (which is where our side door is into the backyard). If you can get one in a plain colour - I'll buy it!

I sell these and they are great for my muddy fluff bag, I keep it in the car and crate

Ooooo I like the look of those!

Yes that's the one I have!

I have one of these too. Am pleased with it.

Where did you get it Jules? Locally?

Doncaster shopping town from the pet shop.

Where did you get it Jules? Locally?

Doncaster shopping town from the pet shop.

Thanks - I shall google it :)

Well all the dogs walked in the mat upon entry the house last night and Badger even sat on it while I was having a mini growl at him because he wouldn't go to bed. He wanted to hang out with the rats who also live in the main room. Then I went all mushy on him because he looked adorable sitting on the mat.