Best (nice) Collars For Grubby Dogs.

Steph M

Hello!

This week we lost another collar. Gus swims every day in beach/creek/puddle, whatever. He loves mud and sand and being a total grub.

I've been buying cheap nylon collars but those get wet and seem to sag and droop, they get loose over time and they fade and lose their shape pretty quick.

I'd love a nice leather collar but don't think it'd cope will with El Piglet and his filthy ways.

Mainly the salt water.

Now he's full grown I'd really like a nice collar for him, but it would have to be pretty hardcore to stay nice.

Any suggestions?

I have it on good authority black boys look great in purple :p

I've also "dressed" a few black and darker dogs in orange which looks super cool (and hi vis which can be problem with black dogs sometimes lol)

Edited by huski

Yea a red would be nice, especially if you don't want fluro orange biggrin.gif

On the plus side, if you are like me and order WAY too big, it's quite easy to get a hole punched in them and trim and burn the edge back laugh.gif (I could of sent it back but I was going away and needed it)

Edited by LisaCC

I have it on good authority black boys look great in purple :p

I've also "dressed" a few black and darker dogs in orange which looks super cool (and hi vis which can be problem with black dogs sometimes lol)

Haha! I'm sure he would but the other boys would laugh at him! And Rosie is already the man of the house, can't emasculate him more! Haha.

I don't mind the orange, I just hadn't considered it as one of his colours. Haha.

Having said that, he does have leopard print jammies for the snow!

ZPi8Q9m.jpg

Guest hankodie

HAHA love the Jammies Steph!

Those syn tek collars look great, I'm also thinking of getting them for my 2. They both wear leather collars but they are so grubby. I can't buy them any nice looking things. Beds are the worst. Bought a really nice bed for Hank recently and within an hour it was covered in mud and hair and had been farted on and dragged through the house.

Also agree re: more colour options!

Well I have been pushing for pink but that won't help you Steph M :laugh:

Both of my girls have leather and syn tek collars and we use the syn tek collars for day to day especially as Wiz is so grubby. The color doesn't fade so I just wash mine off in the sink with dish washing detergent to take any mud or dirt off. They don't retain water so don't loose shape or get smelly. I still prefer the overall look and feel of leather but the wash and wear of syn tek is very practical.

Edited by huski

Guest hankodie

Pink would be awesome Huski! I love the purple for Hank but that would leave Odie with the orange and I have enough trouble with people mixing up their genders :laugh:

Pink would be awesome Huski! I love the purple for Hank but that would leave Odie with the orange and I have enough trouble with people mixing up their genders :laugh:

Don't hold your breath for pink though! May never happen. I do actually love the purple the most. I like making my dogs wear matching collars etc :o :laugh:

Huski do you find the syntek ones rub at all or are they nice and soft? I'm almost considering getting an orange one and putting it aside for down the track if my dog is out with SES but needs to be OK with the loose neck skin. (hope you don't mind me derailing a bit Steph)

Huski do you find the syntek ones rub at all or are they nice and soft? I'm almost considering getting an orange one and putting it aside for down the track if my dog is out with SES but needs to be OK with the loose neck skin. (hope you don't mind me derailing a bit Steph)

No I don't find they rub, they are soft and the edges are rounded. Not as soft as our leather products but the closest I've found for a man made material.

No I don't find they rub, they are soft and the edges are rounded. Not as soft as our leather products but the closest I've found for a man made material.

I find the Syntek doesn't rub, but, the texture of them is a bit weird and it does make Novas hair kind of stick to it, almost like an actual eraser rubber. Nova is naked at home though so that doesn't bother us. If he isn't doing anything grubby or going somewhere particularly nice (It's also his current "dress collar" laugh.gif) he has a really soft rogz one and also a martingale.

Edited by LisaCC