My Black Terriers

blackun

They're definitely not Black Russian Terriers.

Could you tell us which breed of black terriers are they? They're nice looking dogs.

eta: I see you're describing them as Melbourne bred black terriers but that is not a recognised breed.

Edited by cavNrott

No, they are not from there. They are Melbourne bred black terriers.

Blackun - Patterdale is a breed of terrier which look a lot like yours - it's not a place , or kennel ;)

Ya, that's why I asked if that was the breed because if you Google Patterdale terriers, they look exactly like your dogs. :)

Did you get them from a breeder? The reason I ask us because it seems as though you don't know what breed they are, not having a go at you mind.

No, they are not from there. They are Melbourne bred black terriers.

Blackun - Patterdale is a breed of terrier which look a lot like yours - it's not a place , or kennel ;)

there is no BREED called patterdale in UK or in Australia.. There is a type, but most hunters like to just call their blackuns or working colored terrier .. and I go with this.

Patterdale came from the place patterdale and also a theory that it came from a a lady called patterdale who used to show but many doubt that.

Some call them fells " also a place in England", but thats mainly to long coated ones, still others shun all those names and just call them colored terriers.