Vip Natures Goodness Grain Free

Recently on a camping trip I ran out of my normal kibble, so I bought a small bag of VIP Natures Goodness Grain Free (Wild Game with Sweet Potato)from Woolies. I thought I was buying Natures Gift. Dogs like it, but I wouldn't swap them over as I have no reason to swap kibbles. From memory it was quite expensive, being in small bags. Just wondering if anyone else has used this. I couldn't find any reference to it in the "search" :)

Used it in the past in an 'opps I've run out' moment and the dogs loved it. It is good to be able to buy decent food at Woolies now, for moments like yours.

Though I wouldn't use it on a regular basis as small bags don't last long enough here.

Used it in the past in an 'opps I've run out' moment and the dogs loved it. It is good to be able to buy decent food at Woolies now, for moments like yours.

Though I wouldn't use it on a regular basis as small bags don't last long enough here.

Yes..I am interested to know what others have thought of it as, like you said, it is handy to know of a decent food that can be bought from the Supermarket when I get caught out away from home. I also bought the Natures Gift Kangaroo...but that was even more expensive & I used it for training treats.

I'm using it at the moment. Didn't think it was all that expensive - 4kg for $12.99 is a lot cheaper than many others.

My dogs are doing well on this but to be honest I've not found anything that they don't do well on. I did think being grain free it may cut down some of the flatulence but sadly not!

I think they also had a 12 kg bag at my local Woollies for about $28. Given that I am only feeding one dog at the moment I will probably buy it at the supermarket rather than going further afield to buy a larger bag of something.

I would like to see a kibble with bigger pieces than most seem to have as my boy tends to inhale rather than chew.

We had a long thread on this food :)

I found Poppy's teeth went a bit skanky and she lost coat shine. She is quite difficult to feed though.

I thought there was too...but I couldn't find the thread in the "search"

ETA...I just found it...it is a couple of years old :)

Edited by sheena

My two have been on it now for about 18 months I think and it's brilliant. Stan got the runs on every kibble I bought including top shelf and since being on this he does solid poos every time. Their skin and coats are fantastic, when the local paper took photos of them recently the photographer commented several times on Stan's shiny coat. My vet says they look amazing so I'm very happy with it. I get the chicken and duck as it's the only one that comes in the 7 kilo bags which is the largest size they make.

I picked up an "emergency bag" the other day as our guys seem to do ok on it. We don't feed much kibble though so its rare to have a problem with any of them.

I found a Woolies the other day that does 7kg bags for $28, if you were to buy those bigger bags it would out reasonably cheap.

I have been feeding this food since it came on the market and have NO intention of changing off it.

They must be doing something right with this food as one of mine went Best in Show today and he has this dry along with his chicken mince daily. :thumbsup:

Well done oakway. Congrats on your BIS win... must also be a winner dry food that they really suits them :)

Thanks BC Crazy, It must be doing something as their dam was fed it also. But to be fair and honest to all, one size does not fit all. But in my dogs' case it sure fits the bill.

I have been feeding this food since it came on the market and have NO intention of changing off it.

They must be doing something right with this food as one of mine went Best in Show today and he has this dry along with his chicken mince daily. :thumbsup:

Congrats Oakway :thumbsup: I was wondering if you were still feeding the VIP too :)

Mine also have raw with this kibble and we'll be sticking with it.

Has anyone tried the little vacuum packs or the cans? I picked up a pack of the grainfree homestyle beef stew for the kong but wonder how it would stack up to use instead of kibble. My little guy has gone off the Taste of the Wild kibble and doesn't seem keen on any kibble really. Would this stuff be adequate on its own?

Guest Clover

I went back to feeding this as my guys do quite well on it. I got given a bag of adavance that we are using at the moment though and I have not noticed a huge difference. I will be going back to VIP once this bag of advance is finished though.

I've bought some of this for the greys to try. It was only going to be a small feed once a day as they have chicken mince for the main feed but supplier has no chicken mince this week! So they will be getting it as their main meal for close to 2 weeks by the time I get my next lot. Will be interesting to see how they go.

I've bought some of this for the greys to try. It was only going to be a small feed once a day as they have chicken mince for the main feed but supplier has no chicken mince this week! So they will be getting it as their main meal for close to 2 weeks by the time I get my next lot. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Let us know how it goes Rebanne.