Dog Boarding Kennels In Canning Vale Recommendations?

Calvin

Also want to know if there are any I shouls stay well clear off. My dog is 5 years old and need a good boarding kennel for 4 weeks..Any feedback on kennels that you have used is appreciated.

Every kennel has its own style. What is good depends on what you are looking for. Kennels face tradeoffs in trying to: keep prices reasonable, give dogs exercise, avoid fights and accidents, make things comfortable and fun for the dogs . . . not to mention decisions about what to feed, what hours to keep, and how to advertize.

Whatever kennel you choose, I'd make sure the owners and managers live on premises and avoid any place where the staff can't give wholehearted recommendations. Typical signs of a bad kennel are high staff turnover and trumped up marketing.

How do you want your dog cared for? Do you want it to interact with other dogs? Would you like to be able to pay extra and get the dog walked periodically? Does premium or ultra-premium dog food matter to you?

If you want your dog to get some play time, I'd recommend looking into Dogz and Catz . . . just down the road from Canning Vale in the Banjup kennel zone.

Edited by sandgrubber

I can highly recommend The Paw House in Fraser Road at Canning Vale - our girl LOVES the place, doesn't even look back when I drop her off - or if I use their pick-up service, she hops in the van without even a backward glance LOL. We've used them numerous times for periods from a few days up to as long as 6 weeks and our girl comes back fitter than when she went in, and full of beans - not bad for a (now)14 year old! There are separate kennel areas for large and small dogs and they have lovely big grassy runs so the dogs get the opportunity for plenty of exercise and playtime and the prices are quite reasonable. The owners, Claire and Leigh, are great, they adore the dogs and take excellent care of them.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post their website here, but if you Google The Paw House, you'll find it.