Million Paws Walk Melb

*kirty*

The staff at the Vic RSPCA are lovely, but no they don't work with rescue. Many smaller rescues attend and walk wearing their promotional gear (which I will be doing for Pug Rescue) but I don't think they let other rescues have stalls. They do have demos from breed clubs though.

There are DOLers who work there and help lots of dogs too. High level mgt and the people on the ground can be very different.

Definitely no argument there. The RSPCA rely on this.

The staff at the Vic RSPCA are lovely, but no they don't work with rescue. Many smaller rescues attend and walk wearing their promotional gear (which I will be doing for Pug Rescue) but I don't think they let other rescues have stalls. They do have demos from breed clubs though.

There are DOLers who work there and help lots of dogs too. High level mgt and the people on the ground can be very different.

Definitely no argument there. The RSPCA rely on this.

If you're paying them money then you are a supporter of the RSPCA.

We are supporters of RSPCA Qld & pay them money.

Don't know anything much about RSPCA Victoria. But if there's hard-working, decent people working within the Victorian RSPCA Shelters & doing their personal best for the pets, then I'd support them.

Edited by mita

If you're paying them money then you are a supporter of the RSPCA.

We are supporters of RSPCA Qld & pay them money.

Don't know anything much about RSPCA Victoria. But if there's hard-working, decent people working in the Victorian RSPCA Shelters & doing their personal best for the pets, then I'd support them.

My comment was responding to Kirty saying she isn't a supporter but she went along. Her going along and paying them money makes her a supporter.

Vic branch is pretty awful, hence why I assume she says she doesn't support them and the protesters. Not as bad as NSW, but bad enough. I'm sure there are good people working at the bottom of the organisation - there always is - but that doesn't make the organisation itself and it's actions acceptable.

[

Vic branch is pretty awful, hence why I assume she says she doesn't support them and the protesters. Not as bad as NSW, but bad enough. I'm sure there are good people working at the bottom of the organisation - there always is - but that doesn't make the organisation itself and it's actions acceptable.

And those people who work directly with the animals & make decisions about them to the best of their ability, are the people I'd support, whatever State they're in.

One thing I've been disappointed about for past walks here in QLD (didn't participate this year) is the cost of stalls at the event for other rescue groups. I'd love the event to be more about rescue and animals in general than a big money raising event specifically for the RSPCA. There has been a lack of interesting stalls at previous events because of this. They must make quite a bit of money out of it nationally and I'm sure more rescue groups (and their up for adoption dogs) could have more of a presence at it if stall costs and entry fees for the walk for those groups was more reasonable. Sometimes the RSPCA seems to work well with other rescue groups up here then at other times they show a complete lack of understanding about how they work.

I'm going to the Chermside (Brisbane) one! :)

Think i may have seen you there!

there was a lovely looking Whippet that looked like the one in your picture :)

We didnt walk it, and didn't buy tickets, but we were there doing an agility demo for the chermside one.

I love doing the demo as it is an awesome environment to practice in, lots of noise, people and dogs.

One thing I've been disappointed about for past walks here in QLD (didn't participate this year) is the cost of stalls at the event for other rescue groups. I'd love the event to be more about rescue and animals in general than a big money raising event specifically for the RSPCA. There has been a lack of interesting stalls at previous events because of this. They must make quite a bit of money out of it nationally and I'm sure more rescue groups (and their up for adoption dogs) could have more of a presence at it if stall costs and entry fees for the walk for those groups was more reasonable. Sometimes the RSPCA seems to work well with other rescue groups up here then at other times they show a complete lack of understanding about how they work.

The funds raised aren't shared nationally though, they stay local (state based I assume). I don't know anything about the finances of RSPCA QLD but I know ACT relies heavily on the MPW fund raising to be able to operate the shelter so every possible cent is needed!

Having said that, there were several local rescues with stalls there :)