Watery Bloody Poo And Vomiting

Not my dog but am acquaintances. Been vomiting a little bit throughout the day just clear. Diahoriea all day with the consistency all water with blood. Looks like pink red water. Some poops have a little bit of stool and other stuff, maybe worms?? I've attached a photo, don't look if squimish.

Edited by WildatHeart

Can't work out how to add photo from my phone.

Also to add, apparently the dog is still feeling okay and running around like normal. Still has an appetite however food has now been with held.

The owner has already spent over 5k on this dog (parvo, pancreatis and other issues) so doesn't want to go to the vets till morning if not deemed life threatening.

Be a pretty big waste of $5000 if they have no dog to show for it in the morning :(

Yep, my thinking too. I advised vet as well but I was curious myself as to what the stuff is in the poo so thought I'd get opinions here. I will upload a photo tomorrow.

Can't work out how to add photo from my phone.

Also to add, apparently the dog is still feeling okay and running around like normal. Still has an appetite however food has now been with held.

The owner has already spent over 5k on this dog (parvo, pancreatis and other issues) so doesn't want to go to the vets till morning if not deemed life threatening.

Look at it this way............next hundreds might be for the dog's urn.

With that type of history, a Vet should be consulted.

They can also get stringy looking mucosey stuff when they have nasty HGE.

I had a dog recently come into the kennels. Was fine for three days, fourth day had a bit of an upset tummy and a small vomit of undigested food was otherwise fine. She then had a bloody small puddle and a vomit and I rushed her off to the vets. She had HGE, but was fine within 24 hours due to not getting really unwell before going to the vets getting on a drip & AB's ASAP.

With those signs - it would be vet ASAP as well for me.

Well its up to them but I wouldn't take the risk.

It's more than risk though, the dog can be suffering even if they appear to be fine. Negligent IMO to have a dog with bloody poo and not do anything about it unless it is life threatening.

Well its up to them but I wouldn't take the risk.

It's more than risk though, the dog can be suffering even if they appear to be fine. Negligent IMO to have a dog with bloody poo and not do anything about it unless it is life threatening.

Oh I agree completely, just didn't see the point in telling the OP that as it's not their dog. Hopefully they've taken it to the vet by now :/

Edited by Dame Aussie