First Photos Using My New 600d

Ozstar

I bought myself the Canon 600D twin lens kit yesterday along with a 40mm f/2.8 lens.

The weather is horrid here today but thankfully I had my faithful model Chaos willing to allow me to shoot him :heart:

Photos taken using the 40mm lens and my first time ever shooting in manual mode :pray:

029_zps0d932a4c.jpg

020_zpsde0de748.jpg

035_zps64523383.jpg

I also tried to get this tiny web with droplets but not sure about my focus with this one

019_zps1adb5abf.jpg

Leanne

Edited by Ozstar

Very nice Leanne, congrats on your new camera. Your dog is a gorgeous subject, and that lens looks really nice.

I like the DOF on the web too.

It is a small world, as I only saw the picture of your dog on a photography forum I have just joined, this morning.

I look forward to seeing more of your work

Di

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

I can't wait for the weather to improve so that I can go outside for more than a few minutes at a time lol

Tikira I joined Aussie Photography about a week ago and am finding it a wealth of knowledge with awe inspiring photos.

It was the main reason behind buying a new camera lol.

Tdierikx I surely am hoping for VERY nice, either way I am sure there will be lots :D

Leanne

The 600D is a nice piece of kit... combined with your obvious good eye for composition, I'm sure we'll be seeing a LOT ove great photos from you...

Oh - and don't think that those kit lenses won't give you awesome shots either - they are excellent value for money and give great results too.

I managed this in low light with the 55-250mm on my 450D - Sports preset... and the 600D does even better with the low light than my 450D, so crap light is no excuse... *grin*

2-10-2010-winston109.jpg

T.

Edited by tdierikx

Aww thanks Shadrack, Chaos is a gorgeouse puts boy and will do anything for food, he puts up with so much from us.

Love the face in the little one Tdierikx, I am hoping the weather will clear up in a couple days so that I can go to the wetlands and try out the kits lenses :thumbsup:

Leanne

Thank you so much CrazyCresties and Kirslin.

I am learning how to use Photoshop (many hours spent on youtube :D )

Had a bit of a play today and love the small but subtle changes I made.

this is the first photo

029_2_zpsb942c9b8.jpg

Leanne

The weather was horrible on Saturday so I grab my camera and went for a drive through the hills.

I managed to get a few photos in between the rain :)

Ruin at Kanmantoo

048-1_zps6cc44b15.jpg

051-1_zps3cf988c5.jpg

Love the colours of Autumn

052-11_zps0b8b7687.jpg

Leanne

I found myself at Gumeracha on my drive and the Medievil Fair was on :)

037_zpsc2731156.jpg

002_zps456c3054.jpg

032_zpsc4659f17.jpg

030_zps822f1d41.jpg

019_zps6d0e02de.jpg

I didn't get to spend much time at the fair as it was very cold and was raining most of the time I was there :(

Leanne

• 2 weeks later...

Went out to the block today to take photos of Hubby and son riding.

I also took some photos of the neighbours cows and their babies who keep our weeds down for us and one of the old trucks in the scrub :D

005_zpsff869c5e.jpg

038_zpsaf9b4a59.jpg

075-0_zpsfb892958.jpg

102-0_zps8ca4e8b6.jpg

140-0_zps59b328a5.jpg

152-0_zpsbe940b54.jpg

157-0_zps32e573b7.jpg

Leanne

Clover they are Belted Buelingo meat cattle.

They are normally very friendly but at the moment a couple of the girls have become very protective of their babies, was glad I had the zoom lens on :)

Leanne