Jonah Drives Across Australia

Canisbellum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Jonah the dog you mentioned had car sickness?

How is that going?

He certainly looks totally at ease and enjoying himself.

Photos are great.

:thumbsup:

Thanks

Hmmm maybe you are mixing me up with someone else, he has never been car sick.?

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster as we left much later then planned and arrived at Coonabarabran in the dark, and today's leg to Broken Hill is the longest one so not much time for breaks if I am to avoid night driving. . But the rest are shorter and should leave more time for stops and walks etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1

Edited by Canetoad

Thanks

Hmmm maybe you are mixing me up with someone else, he has never been car sick.?

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster as we left much later then planned and arrived at Coonabarabran in the dark, and today's leg to Broken Hill is the longest one so not much time for breaks if I am to avoid night driving. . But the rest are shorter and should leave more time for stops and walks etc.

Haha! I did mix you up with another DOL.

You will really enjoy Broken Hill. Try to look at Silverton if you can.

Nice boat! Are you going on a holiday or moving over there permanently?

Have a safe trip Canetoad and look forward to lots of photos.

Thanks, I am moving there permanently.

Short leg tomorrow so will get the camera busy

I wasnt impressed with Broken Hill, the camp site was right on the fence of the main road and next to the chemical toilet dump. HAd a restless night with all the trucks and Jonah growling at people walking by and wanting to go out the cabin and check the neighbourhood.

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

There was a old car club with restored caravans staying as well.

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

Most of these photos were shot one handed through the windscreen so not the best quality

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Got stopped and inspected for contrabrand at the South Australia border

IMG_0625.jpg

Photos are fantastic! Love the old Holden and caravans, the long roads between towns would be pretty tiring I would imagine. Looks like you got a bit of rain in the pic with the on coming truck. Did you stop and have a beer at the Halfway Hotel? I would've :p

I worked with a girl in a pub in Tweed Heads that had run a pub in Kalgoorlie, one of the 30 pubs in Kal if I remember rightly (sounds like my kinda town ;) ) and she loved the place, couldn't wait to get back there.

Drive safe and keep the photos coming :thumbsup:

Loving it, Canetoad and Johah :thumbsup: OMG, those old caravans :eek: Imagine a family holiday in ones of those.

I can see now that you selected Jonah for his ability to blend with the landscape LOL. What a wonderful dog he is .... mind you, he has an owner who is tops as well.

Stay safe. Don't listen to HazyWal about taking advantage of the drinking stops LOL. :scold:

I drove from Canberra to Perth last August and loved it. I would have loved to go via Broken Hill, but I was travelling with a friend so we went Mildura, Renmark, Burra, Clare.

Make sure you stop in at Head of Bight. Might not be the greatest time of year now, but we saw so many whales and calves. It was amazing. All of a sudden it was mid afternoon and we needed to be on the road again.

Enjoy your trip. There is so much to see and it was nothing like I expected. Jonah looks like he is being a very well behaved boy. Be careful at the roadside stops, as many have already said, there are 1080 baits all over the place. Most are signposted, but I would keep him on a lead at all times just in case.

Glad the trip is going ok so far and good luck with your new life in Kalgoorlie :) I have to admit to being a bit confused as to why you are taking a boat to Kalgoorlie though ;) :laugh:

I think he had no where to leave it in Brisbane and it'd be a bloody long way to go back and get it if he ended up living on the coast over there lol