Another Dog With A Lump

I received a call from our groomer yesterday asking if I was aware of a lump on Daisy's leg? Daisy has lots of little lumpy cysts which are regularly checked, but this was on the inside of her thigh. It has grown very quickly and I feel awful at not having spotted it earlier, but it wasn't there at her last groom about 5-6 weeks ago.

Luckily our groomer is based at our vet, so they had a look yesterday and I am now nervously waiting for the biopsy results, but I don't like how quickly this has emerged and grown :(

Can't catch a break with my guys at the moment!

The first photo was taken about 2 months ago, and the second this morning.

post-34105-0-18279900-1397623549_thumb.jpg

post-34105-0-89148300-1397623554_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys :) I spoke to the vet recently and it's not cancerous :thumbsup: The results showed lots of inflammatory cells indicative of a response to a foreign object, so she's going in tomorrow to have it removed now.

I'm not sure what type of biopsy it was Anne as the vet spoke to my OH yesterday who doesn't take note of such things :laugh:

Took my Italian to the vet with a lump and it turned out to be infected hair follicles (has a fancy name) - phew!!

Good news on yours too ....

Yep, that's what Jenna had too.

Fantastic news CC, you must be very relieved :)

Phew CC - good luck to Daisy for today.

Hope Herbie gets a good report, HW. You're right - must be the season - took Miss Kirra in last week as I'd felt a new lump while I was massaging her. Got to the vets - couldn't find it at first :eek: - eventually found it - proved to be a cyst - no problem - but I swear it had shrunk between the time I first felt it and when the vet looked for it. Never mind - better safe than sorry. :)

Lily the Toy Poodle is like a braille dog - covered in lumps. All checked, all no issue.

Herbie's has literally come up overnight. I'm thinking abcess or haematoma but at the start of a long public holiday period, I'm not taking chances.