Should I? Sony Alpha Slt A65

Leah82

Ok, So I currently have a Sony DSC-HX200 which is essentially a step down from a DSLR camera. It does a pretty good job but I'm finding it quite limited in a couple of areas.

Shutter speed you can only edit so much, I'd love to be able to blur moving water but I'm struggling to do to much without making the photo completely over exposed

Here is one that I tried

DSC01085_zpsda71c6c9.jpg

The other thing is when the camera is on sports mode the photos come out very grainy and/or blurry so I've pretty much given up on shooting the dogs when they are moving.

14-01-20141-54-38PM_zps43bf412e.jpg

So my question is. Am I doing something wrong or have I reached the limits of my camera. And if so will this deal on ebay solve my problems :p

http://groupbuy.ebay.com.au/deal?itemId=121314172361

Edited by Leah82

Well I haven't regretted an impulse buy yet :)

Spent most of the morning reading reviews and looking at photos so I'm pretty confident. Plus being a Sony means there will be less of a learning curve

I'd say grab that deal if looking for something in that price range just now. I have the Sony A55, around four years old, and they are good to use with a good result. I am (or used to be) a Nikon bore, but have found the Sony does just about everything just as well in normal day to day use. Action, landscape, portrait. Lovely older Minolta lenses still fit them well, there is some quality used Minolta glass around very affordable. (Using sports pre-set will often stuff the image quality no matter what camera - increases the ISO so you get high noise/grain).