Nutrition For Fussy Poodle Pups

Bonza

Would love some advice on feeding Miniature Poodle pups 14week old girls.

We are feeding Royal Canin puppy dry biscuits and they love raw chopped beef and shredded cooked chicken. We have been trying to convert them to Barf or Tucker Time but with very limited success. Is it going to be a problem to just feed the beef and chicken or do they need more nutrition. We have tried adding veggies but that is also hit and miss! We are giving cottage cheese and puppy milk to supplement.

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Thanks tina

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yep. Choose the diet you want to feed, offer it to the dogs and take it away 5 minutes later. They won't starve themselves to death and hunger is a great motivator to eat. "Fussy" can often mean "not really all that hungry"

Don't let them manipulate you. Provided they are eating the kibble, they won't miss out on nutrients.

My poodles enjoyed chicken necks and then wings - good for their teeth. I fed those about 1 meal in three.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I breed toy poodles & they are never fussy eaters. When they leave home they will eat anything & everything.

I would stop the milk & cheese now & mix in some of what you want them to eat with only a little of what they like best to get them used to variety.

I also only leave wet food for a few minutes & then remove if uneaten but I do leave dry food down all the time.

I can't let mine go hungry as they have little weight to start with.

If you are happy feeding them raw meat & cooked chicken as long as they have some dry food that is fine. They don't have to have barf, vegies or tucker time.

Usually if you mix everything up & warm it a little pups wolf down everything. I have never had a fussy eater.

What did the breeders feed them ??Have you stuck with that diet or changed it ??

What other treats do they get??

How long do you leave the food bowls down??

Creating fussy eaters is an issue the more you pander the more the pups will play the game & generally win.

We will change diets if a dog isn't doing well or truly isn't enjoying it but otherwise diet & feeding is not deal game here ,eat it or lose it

Thx for all your replies. We have now settled or rather they have on cooked chicken pieces alternating with raw chopped beef for meals and royal canin puppy biscuits during the day with chicken necks for lunch. This food is readily eaten with gusto so I think they have success haha!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk