Dr Cam Day

teekay

He is well known in Brisbane and one of the few vet behaviourists around.

I agree with some of his views such as the idea that not comforting distressed dogs is "nonsense". However his methods of consulting are a bit confusing.

I've been to one of his seminars on separation anxiety, it was very good, very sensible information based on science.

I too have personal knowledge of what he advised. Some friends sought his advice with an aggression/anxiety issue that was causing havoc in their two dog family. He consulted by phone due to distance, and the result is that their life is so much better, they're no longer having to break up dog fights in their lounge room and the dogs are much less anxious. They weren't going to call him because they'd already had a visit from a local trainer and were disappointed in his approach results, but eventually decided they needed to do something else. They're very happy with what he did for them.

Hmmmmmm I'm always interested in learning more about anxiety and reactive dogs so i would only be going for that, I have no intention of seeing him for a consult. I have been working with Luka for a long time now and pretty much know what works and what doesn't for him.

It's only $10 so might be worth it just to hear what he has to say, even if it's only to sit there and think "no way I'm doing that" lol :laugh: