Collar Suggestions Please?

Shakti

Hi everyone,

My daughter has a greyhound mix dog and the usual collars seems to really wear on her skin and she ends up with a bald mark and sore pink skin. Can anyone please suggest where we could buy (or have made) a very soft collar for her please?

Hi everyone,

My daughter has a greyhound mix dog and the usual collars seems to really wear on her skin and she ends up with a bald mark and sore pink skin. Can anyone please suggest where we could buy (or have made) a very soft collar for her please?

Have a look at these from Non-stop dogwear, there is an Aussie agent as well. The Half Check is specifically designed for those dogs prone to collar burn.

http://www.non-stopdogwear.no/eng/Our-products/Dog-collars#

I always seem to recommend these guys :) but honestly the collars I have for my two are the softest leather ever! They are made from Italian calf leather and were so soft from the start. I chose the 'greyhound' style for them and they can custom make to order.

http://www.hollyandlil.co.uk/all-at-a-glance-12-w.asp

I have had the collars for nearly 5 years now and they are still beautiful :)

th_P16-06-09_1945.jpg

th_IMG_4980.jpg

If you go onto a forum called Greytalk and look under pet merchandise there are a lot if collar manufacturers there who do beautiful work. Many do collars lined with velvet, satin or silk.

Am having trouble finding Greytalk - please help!!

1. Don't leave a collar on the dog during the day. Mine only wear theirs when outside the yard. This will minimise the chance of rub marks.

2. Choose a soft cotton or lined leather collar for walks. Blackdog sighthound collars are great for everyday wear and wash up well. :)