Strange Behaviour

Badbee

Hi we have a 10 month old mini schnauzer who always gives outside to do her business. This morning she left a present for us in one if our bedrooms. How do we react to this if it happens again? She can get out and uses the doggie door but it was raining very slightly this morning so not sure if this would be the reason she didn't go outside?

could well be that. Have you changed her diet, time of feeding or walking routine?

There was a storm here last night so maybe that could have caused her some fear etc?

I have very elderly dogs and they sometimes have an accident inside, particularly if it is wet weather.

I wouldn't make a big fuss or panic, it's probably a one off as she's a young dog.

Clean the area with the right things - white vinegar/water mix or Napisan and water mix - make carpet wet and then soak up with an old towel and the smell should be gone.

Many people clean with Woolwash etc and the dog can still smell it.

Also, close all doors to the spare rooms.

Edited by dogmad

As per other's suggestions that your dog could have dedicated through fear. If this is the case, merely clean it up and preferably in the absence of the dog. Certainly don't make a fuss.

If the inappropriate soiling continues to occur without acceptable excuse (and I don't really consider "getting wet" as acceptable), go back to a refresher in toilet training 101.

Edited by Erny

In case this helps you feel a bit better - I've had two piles in my house this morning - it's pouring with rain outside!!

Me too! Haven't had that since my boy was a baby - I'm hoping it's the rain!

We had another incident this morning but it is still raining really heavily here. She isn't scared of thunder or anything like that so it may be the wet weather. Nothing else has changed.

Thanks for your advice and help. She is snoring on her bed at the moment all snuggled up.