Puppy Buyer

quoll

Sorry to trouble you all, but I have a question about a lady who contact me for a puppy. her name is Julie Chen from Melbourne, has anyone had any dealings with this name in the past. Just prefer to be cautious. Please PM me if you have any info. Many thanks. Michele

Google her & her email address if you have it & phone number.

If she has any dog ads or dealings online something may come up.

Contact toy poodle society of victoria & ask if they have any knowledge of the name.

Otherwise follow your gut instinct. Something has made you post this.

No matter how auspicious the signs, or how good the buyer, when my gut instinct is "no", that is what I say, without any good reason. Haven't had to do it often. I used to say "yes" when there was no rational reason to say no. This led to a couple of bad endings, now I follow my instincts.

Good luck, nothing worse than worrying about a buyer.

No matter how auspicious the signs, or how good the buyer, when my gut instinct is "no", that is what I say, without any good reason. Haven't had to do it often. I used to say "yes" when there was no rational reason to say no. This led to a couple of bad endings, now I follow my instincts.

I'd agree with Jed. I've adopted out a dog when it didn't quite feel right and it ended up being one of the worst decisions I've ever made. Now, if it feels wrong, I give it a few weeks to think over. So far, this method has helped me dodge an irresponsible owner who is now starving her new rescue dog (from another group) to death.

I come from Melbourne and I would say there would be a lot of Julie Chens in Melbourne, especially where I grew up! From a general demographic perspective I can tell you that a lot of the Asians in Melbourne are quite well off and absolutely adore their little dogs, lots of poodles and poodle cross type little fluffies in my old stomping grounds, many of them are fairly new to the country and may speak pretty broken English so don't let that be the only thing that turns you off.

If you are able to share a bit more about what part of Melbourne the person lives in that might help too, as I can probably be a bit more specific about the likely demographic in that area. If it's Glen Waverley, wheelers Hill type area you are talking a lot of wealthy migrant chinese.

I'd agree with Jed. I've adopted out a dog when it didn't quite feel right and it ended up being one of the worst decisions I've ever made. Now, if it feels wrong, I give it a few weeks to think over. So far, this method has helped me dodge an irresponsible owner who is now starving her new rescue dog (from another group) to death.

:( :( This has been reported to the relevant rescue group and/or RSPCA I presume??