$^&%^ Idiots

Canisbellum

Does it count when you're innocently walking down the street and a dog rushes out of it's un-fenced front yard barking furiously at your dog? It went straight for my dog's neck, teeth bared, I managed to kind of get between them and luckily my dog is fairly fast (he was on leash, obviously). Even with me stomping in front of the dog and more or less yelling at it, it was still trying to get past me to my dog, we tried walking away quickly but this thing just kept coming and following us even to the next yard. So I started kicking it away with my foot (it was more like a shove with my foot, not a full-blown swinging kick) and it'd just keep coming. Eventually the owner catches up (he was in the front yard this entire time.) and yells at me to stop kicking his dog. I tell him to get his dog to stop attacking mine and we start walking away.

For some stupid reason his dog gets away from him and comes at us again. This time I kick it for real and I can't remember what happened but I think I kicked it fairly hard and we managed to just get away.

Afterwards I just felt like I'd fallen off a horse, the feeling of shock and fear just kind of taking over and I bawled my eyes out the whole walk home.

My husband was with me, he helped calm me down afterwards. He doesn't like confrontation and didn't want to make the guy punch someone I guess. I'm so glad we live back on the farm now. In our 6 months living in the city I was so stressed about getting the dog out for walks and trying to let him get a decent bit of running in without having him run at by feral dogs. I don't know how you suburb dwellers do it frown.gif

I would have been in trouble for kicking the dog and the owner if that happened to me.

I never walk the dogs in the street because of that kind of thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Does it count when you're innocently walking down the street and a dog rushes out of it's un-fenced front yard barking furiously at your dog? It went straight for my dog's neck, teeth bared, I managed to kind of get between them and luckily my dog is fairly fast (he was on leash, obviously). Even with me stomping in front of the dog and more or less yelling at it, it was still trying to get past me to my dog, we tried walking away quickly but this thing just kept coming and following us even to the next yard. So I started kicking it away with my foot (it was more like a shove with my foot, not a full-blown swinging kick) and it'd just keep coming. Eventually the owner catches up (he was in the front yard this entire time.) and yells at me to stop kicking his dog. I tell him to get his dog to stop attacking mine and we start walking away.

For some stupid reason his dog gets away from him and comes at us again. This time I kick it for real and I can't remember what happened but I think I kicked it fairly hard and we managed to just get away.

Afterwards I just felt like I'd fallen off a horse, the feeling of shock and fear just kind of taking over and I bawled my eyes out the whole walk home.

My husband was with me, he helped calm me down afterwards. He doesn't like confrontation and didn't want to make the guy punch someone I guess. I'm so glad we live back on the farm now. In our 6 months living in the city I was so stressed about getting the dog out for walks and trying to let him get a decent bit of running in without having him run at by feral dogs. I don't know how you suburb dwellers do it frown.gif

I would have been in trouble for kicking the dog and the owner if that happened to me.

I never walk the dogs in the street because of that kind of thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's totally overrated. The most annoying thing though is where we were, it was at least 40 minutes to a nature reserve kind of thing. And back then when it was winter, it would've been dark if I drove off anywhere after work (got home at 5pm usually) for a decent walk. Plus as an early twenties female, not really keen on heading off alone in the dark eek1.gif I'm so not made for city/suburb living. Neither was my dog really.

Edited by Scootaloo

I have a neighbour a couple of houses up who thinks its fine to let his young male RR do the same to my dogs as we walk home( dead end st, so I have no option but to go past)

The last time I was shaking after it had a go at mine, I tried kicking it too, but not easy with 3 onlead dogs of my own I'm trying to swing out of the way at the same time.

Dipshit owner standing in the garage with his beer ," he only wants to play!" , he sure got a mouthful from me aswell . :mad

I am turning into quite the dobber, I phoned the council a month or so back about a woman that refused to put her dog on a lead and was abusive when I asked her to do so. I know they did something because the ranger phoned me for a time and a area. I also phoned the Brisbane council this afternoon to report all the people walking dogs of lead at Mt Coot Tha. I actually don't like doing it but I don't see why I should walk in terror of dogs rushing up to me.

I really want to report my neighbour as its happened 4 times now, but I do have to live in the street and everyone is really friendly , I don't want to be the nasty old bag up the road, but 4 times is my limit.

I have tried to tell him that his young entire male of a protective breed is not ideal to be sitting out the front, but he just doesn't get it, he says he is harmless . :mad

I love this thread right now because I can relate to all the rants in here! Scootaloo, I've had more or less the exact same thing happen to me as well, walking in the suburbs is like walking through a minefield. Recently I've started going to the off lead park at dusk - I used to walk late at night when there was nobody around but then there was an incident with drunks that completely scared me. So now I go when it is still fairly light - there are a couple of dogs around but they are usually under control and we can keep away from them, even if a dog comes for a sniff it only lasts a few seconds before we are on our way... I am dreading when daylight savings ends and it gets darker earlier and busier at the park at later hours.

I was at a busy walking track last night, it is well used by walkers, runners, cyclists and people photographing the wildlife on the lake. There has been a lot of work on bringing the swans and native birds back to the lake and it is (usually) calm and lovely. All dogs on lead and people know not to let their dogs near others as it block the path.

Last night some idiot decided to run around it whilst his off lead Kelpie stalked and chased the birds/swans, ran up and jumped (literally) all over other dogs. It was highly excited and not listening to anyone, least of all the owner who just ran and pretended the dog wasn't with him.... When it came to us I blocked him and shouted for the owner (told him one of mine wasn't friendly and to come get his dog - not really true but she used to be very reactive and still isn't a fan of being rushed). He said sorry he left the lead at home and it was too far to go back to get?! The dogs collar was also at home....

When I asked him if he cared if his dog killed a bird or got in a dog fight, he just shouldered it off. I said maybe the fine would help him care more...

I really hope they do catch him again, maybe then he'll get it.

Now whenever we roll up to our local park, I often see some owners that I've had "words" with in the past hastily leash their dogs when they see our car approaching. It's glorious. I liken it to being in the mafia. The crazy dog lady mafia. :cool:

:laugh: :laugh: that is brilliant :)