It's My 10th Anniversary

Salukifan

I've been here since '07 and have witnessed some truly amazing things and some truly sad things. I remember being a new member still when DOL lost an inspired woman. I sadly can't remember her username but her passing left a whole in the hearts of many. I've seen the amazing results PACERS was able to achieve and I've also witnessed some person to person nastiness. The good far outweighs it though.

I'm thankful to DOL to being amongst the top 5 pages listed on google searches and I'm grateful people are stoping in to ask for advice.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and raineth, here's the proof of life you were after. Tribe looking thrilled to bits with their Christmas antlers this year. (FHRP sent it to me)

Animal abuse, Poodie! Good to see you've gone from the Xmas Grinch to an Xmas nutcase. Kisses to the sexy Howie from Pancake.

Congratulations! :champagne:

I first discovered DOL in 2002.

I think the community has changed a lot since then and I agree that it was better in the past. I think this is because there were more breeders/exhibitors back then.

But Im glad that it exists and I have learnt a lot in the short time that I've been posting.

I dont miss the attacks that used to occur, it's a lot milder now.

I think the attacks still occur but they're less frequent and more subtle now. I think this is because other DOLer's are now less tolerant of that behaviour.

Also, I miss the DOLer's with genuine knowledgeable/experience, as opposed to those who know FA and can't help offloading their opinions. It shits me to tears when this happens.

Edited by puggedforlife

Congratulations! :champagne:

I first discovered DOL in 2002.

I think the community has changed a lot since then and I agree that it was better in the past. I think this is because there were more breeders/exhibitors back then.

But I’m glad that it exists and I have learnt a lot in the short time that I've been posting.

I dont miss the attacks that used to occur, it's alot milder now.

I agree. We are more aware of forum rules and less inclined to breach them. I for one rarely get warnings now.

I don't agree that DOL is not as good as it was. It is still filled with knowledgeable people, nice people, helpful people and the rest. The real nastiness is what is missing and that is good.

We've gained some great people and lost great people as well. Overall the balance is still pretty good, there is just less of the scammers and the crap that the forums were once filled with.

I can still recall Troy being so frustrated with the battles and behaviours that he forcibly shut the forum down. We are all jumping on to other forums saying 'oh no! What will we do without DOL!' :laugh: That's how bad it used to be.

I agree. We are more aware of forum rules and less inclined to breach them. I for one rarely get warnings now.

I don't agree that DOL is not as good as it was. It is still filled with knowledgeable people, nice people, helpful people and the rest. The real nastiness is what is missing and that is good.

We've gained some great people and lost great people as well. Overall the balance is still pretty good, there is just less of the scammers and the crap that the forums were once filled with.

I can still recall Troy being so frustrated with the battles and behaviours that he forcibly shut the forum down. We are all jumping on to other forums saying 'oh no! What will we do without DOL!' :laugh: That's how bad it used to be.

You've made some good points there, Anne.

I think I'm one of those 'grass is greener on the other side/good old days were better' people :laugh:

Edited by puggedforlife