Question About Film Make Up For A Dog!

kelpiecuddles

haha, no!

This is what will be filmed tomorrow:

Why tomorrow is important - In January 1939 (exactly 75 years ago) Bob Menzies came to Wollongong as Attorney General to sort out the dispute. When he arrived he would have been shocked - there were over 1000 people including women, children and pets with posters everywhere... This is the first recorded time that the term 'Pig Iron Bob' was yelled out. The Pig Iron Bob nickname lasted all of Menzies' lifetime as a reminder of the time when the community of Wollongong stood up for what they believed was right. V proud to be presenting such a story that is Wollongong history. Everyone involved had been out of work at this stage for 8 weeks and people were HUNGRY - so think about this when you turn up tomorrow ... you were NOT happy...

Yes :)

Basically in summary Mr Menzies wanted to break a strike that started two months earlier when 200 men walked off the job so they did not have to load a ship bound for Japan with pig iron. It was just prior to World War II and they feared it would be used to make bullets.

By the time Mr Menzies came to town, the steelworks had temporarily ceased production and thousands of people had been out of work over Christmas.

If anyone lives near by Port Kembla and can throw together suitable clothing for tomorrow they are welcoming extras to turn up and protest :)

We're home and I am SO proud of Sascha, she behaved so well and ended up with her own small scene and lots of close ups in the crowd scenes taken from every angle you could imagine including down her back over the top of her head from her perspective! She had to work off leash for part of it and take direction from me behind the camera which she did perfectly, the director was thrilled and no diva behaviour at all :D A large portion of the day she spent in the midst of a screaming, banner waving protest crowd which she took all in her stride and trotted back in to place for reshoot after reshoot until the production team was happy. I'm pretty sure there are about 50 photos of her taken on peoples private phones on their way to facebook too, she was definitely treated like a star. :laugh:

here's a pic taken at the start of the day, they had a proper sign for her which she put on a little later that read 'No dog collar for me', a reference to the Dog Collar Act which a copy of was burned as part of the protest.

I just got a message from the production company saying they'll send me a good pic or two in the next couple of days so I promise to share :)

post-6758-0-80258400-1390373495_thumb.png

We made the local news :D

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2040201/dramatic-scenes-filmed-for-pig-iron-bob-doco/?cs=300#slide=5

I don't know what was going on when they snapped the pic with me in it, I have a really odd look on my face LOL The bloke next to me kept talking at me and asking me questions and I was trying to be polite to him while also listening to what I was supposed to be doing so maybe I was in the midst of replying to him or something :laugh:

At that point I'm not on camera thankfully, they were filming the car approaching and then moved backwards as the 'mob' descended on the car LOL. I suspect we are quite prominent in the scene they were filming as we were right at the front of the mob so they could get Sascha in the shots. Will be interesting to see what comes off the cutting bench!

They had four separate cameras running every time they shot, one on each of the balconies on each street corner, the large one in that photo and a steady cam.

Edited by kelpiecuddles