If Your Dog Could Talk...

HazyWal

...who would they sound like?

We had a thread on this a while back but I was just watching some old Comedy Company clips and thought OMG Stan is Colin Carpenter from the Comedy Company :laugh: Maddie would have a little voice like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

So who would your dog sound like?

For those too young to remember the show The Comedy Company this is a clip of Colin Carpenter.

Ziggy reminds me of Mr Collins from "Pride and Prejudice"...

"Believe me, my dear Miss Elizabeth that your modesty, so far from doing you any disservice, rather adds to your other perfections. You would have been less amiable in my eyes had there not been this little unwillingness; but allow me to assure you that I have your respected mother's permission for this address. You can hardly doubt the purport of my discourse, however your natural delicacy may lead you to dissemble; my attentions have been too marked to be mistaken. Almost as soon as I entered the house I singled you out as the companion of my future life......I am not now to learn...that it is usual with young ladies to reject the addresses of the man whom they secretly mean to accept, when he first applies for their favour; and that sometimes the refusal is repeated a second or even a third time. I am therefore by no means discouraged by what you have just said, and shall hope to lead you to the altar ere long......... As I must therefore conclude that you are not serious in your rejection of me, I shall chuse to attribute it to your wish of increasing my love by suspense, according to the usual practice of elegant females."

I haven't got a voice for Nova in my head yet, I think it's because he still has a higher ratio of high pitched puppy barks, maybe when he fully has his "man voice" it will come out.

But for my old Lab Sam, my whole family agreed that if he could talk it would be just like Ted E Bare.

Edited by LisaCC

Well I can't really contribute to this one! Now that I have two cochlear implants I am actually aware when the cats or dogs vocalise without watching them, but I am very slack about putting the processors on until I leave the house.

Slightly OT, but I will say that prior to my first cochlear implant I was very proud that I had taught my foster failure pug, Cheddar, to speak on command.

Alas, after implantation and bringing the bionics finally on line, the truth was revealed.

Cheddar had learned to open and close his mouth like a goldfish on the command "Speak" . doh.gif

Sigh. I have since retrained him, but his bark on command is not exactly crisp, due to my stuff-up.

My husband cracks me up when he impersonates the dogs!

Our male Henschke whom is a goofball would sound someting like Mr Ed (deep voice and speaks slowly). Our female who is hypervigilent, shy, but full of beans would speak in a really high pitched squeaky voice, probably like Tweetie bird.

Well I can't really contribute to this one! Now that I have two cochlear implants I am actually aware when the cats or dogs vocalise without watching them, but I am very slack about putting the processors on until I leave the house.

Slightly OT, but I will say that prior to my first cochlear implant I was very proud that I had taught my foster failure pug, Cheddar, to speak on command.

Alas, after implantation and bringing the bionics finally on line, the truth was revealed.

Cheddar had learned to open and close his mouth like a goldfish on the command "Speak" . doh.gif

Sigh. I have since retrained him, but his bark on command is not exactly crisp, due to my stuff-up.

:rofl: That's so cute, I can just picture a little goldfish mouth on command.

It's funny but I don't know what mine would sound like, I talk for them all the time but I keep trying to imagine their voices and I can't...

Edited by Simply Grand

"Believe me, my dear Miss Elizabeth that your modesty, so far from doing you any disservice, rather adds to your other perfections. You would have been less amiable in my eyes had there not been this little unwillingness; but allow me to assure you that I have your respected mother's permission for this address. You can hardly doubt the purport of my discourse, however your natural delicacy may lead you to dissemble; my attentions have been too marked to be mistaken. Almost as soon as I entered the house I singled you out as the companion of my future life......I am not now to learn...that it is usual with young ladies to reject the addresses of the man whom they secretly mean to accept, when he first applies for their favour; and that sometimes the refusal is repeated a second or even a third time. I am therefore by no means discouraged by what you have just said, and shall hope to lead you to the altar ere long......... As I must therefore conclude that you are not serious in your rejection of me, I shall chuse to attribute it to your wish of increasing my love by suspense, according to the usual practice of elegant females."

Oh No Ziggy! Not Mr.Collins!!!! :rofl:

Oh No Ziggy! Not Mr.Collins!!!! :rofl:

Heh heh. Although Em's breeder doesn't think she's exactly an "elegant female" lol

39e15808567b1d38e2067fb6eaed344d_zps44c1d3da.jpg

I think Stussy would sound like Phoebe Buffay from Friends - all love and fluff! I think Tempeh would be Sabrina the Teenage Witch - the world revolves all around her 'issues'. Wolf would be some kind of tall, scary headmistress type with an imposing voice.

I don't know who the voice is that I use for Elsie (yeah I totally talk for her ALL.THE.TIME), but it's a bit dumb sounding... Which is silly because she is very clever! Sometimes she has a snobby British accent "Oh my Elliot, your bottom smells particularly lovely today!"