Do We Need To Go To The Vet?

Little Gifts

I have a question and I'm not being a smart arse...

I put tea tree oil on my mozzie bites and it doesn't sting. It takes away the itch/sting/irritation and seems to numb them. Why would it sting that area in particular? Is it because the skin is sensitive?

Also, I didn't know that tea tree oil was poisonous to dogs. Do you mean it's toxic if ingested, ie. licked? I'm asking because I have bought dog products that have tea tree oil in them (shampoos and ear cleaners).

And my vet said it was okay to put tee tree oil on my Pug's acne when he had it.

Go put it on your vag and tell us how it feels.

No doubt we will see how good you are at doing cartwheels too. The skin in private parts is protected, not like our weathered arms etc. My minds eye has visions of wall climbing etc.

Guest Maeby Fünke

I have a question and I'm not being a smart arse...

I put tea tree oil on my mozzie bites and it doesn't sting. It takes away the itch/sting/irritation and seems to numb them. Why would it sting that area in particular? Is it because the skin is sensitive?

Also, I didn't know that tea tree oil was poisonous to dogs. Do you mean it's toxic if ingested, ie. licked? I'm asking because I have bought dog products that have tea tree oil in them (shampoos and ear cleaners).

And my vet said it was okay to put tee tree oil on my Pug's acne when he had it.

The skin in private parts is protected, not like our weathered arms etc.

Thanks for explaining. I didn't know that tee tree oil stung. I thought it might only sting an open wound like a cut :)

eta

I have never put it on a dog's vulva and now I know not to.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

I have aloe vera but no neocort or pawpaw ointment. Should I give the aloe a shot? Salt water wash is easy peasy and I will do that regularly to at least keep it clean. There is no broken skin and she isn't worried when I touch or squeeze it at present. If it is a pimple I think it has a way to go before an explosion takes place. And if/when that does happen I'm sure it will happen on my bed. :D

Thank you for confirming my fears that it is non-life threatening. When I first saw it my brain screamed TWAT TUMOUR but once I figured it looked more like a pimple I have calmed down.

So funny what comes to mind when we see these things. (That is after the initial shock)

I get a chemical burn from tea tree oil so there is no way I'd be putting it 'there'. eek1.gif

I have two tubes of Neocort and also some Paws Calming Gel if you need some. I can leave it in the letterbox if you need to just zoom past.

Vote #1 best answer!

T.

Trouble occasionally gets twat pimples - if they have a head on them, I actually squeeze them empty, then whack on some Neocort... all gone in a day or 2. Trouble is such a tart for any kind of attention that she's quite happy to be administered to in this way... lol!

T.

Guest donatella

Trouble occasionally gets twat pimples - if they have a head on them, I actually squeeze them empty, then whack on some Neocort... all gone in a day or 2. Trouble is such a tart for any kind of attention that she's quite happy to be administered to in this way... lol!

T.

I'm really good with gross but I really regret reading this with a mouthful of good :vomit:

T.

I'm really good with gross but I really regret reading this with a mouthful of good :vomit:

Sowwy...

T.

Thanks for explaining. I didn't know that tee tree oil stung. I thought it might only sting an open wound like a cut :)

I use Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic on my cold sores which can (those who suffer them will know) be excruciatingly painful. It doesn't sting them. I occasionally have a mozzie bite and will dab a bit on them as well. No sting. :)

Guest donatella

T.

Sowwy...

T.

And by good I meant food :laugh;

My Dobe used to get the occasionally. If they were a pimple with a head I would squeeze them. If they looked like a pimple but not squeezable then I would - if there was one - pluck the hair out of the middle and then stick some betadine or Neocort on them. Healed up no worries.

I laugh/snorted at twat rumour :o

T.

Lol

My Bulldog girl loves maintainance time and she gets pimples on her fanny. Sometimes they get a bit infected but I put betadine on them and they disappear. She loves the attention.

Marg I was also worried it could be an abcess but it looks totally different to ones I've seen before - nothing open or oozy. I've done two salt water swabs now and it is all still looking the same and not bugging her. Thanks for the neocort offer Ams. If it looks any worse tomorrow morn I'll give you a call. I think I need to restock my doggy first aid kit!

What a thing to worry about in between burning the caramel for the banoffi pie and the oven going out on the turkey!

Edited by Little Gifts