Dog Trainers In Perth?

Yonjuro

HI All

Apologies if this is not the correct forum, but hoping more Perth people will see this here than elsewhere.

I am hoping for some recommendations for dog trainers in Perth.

We will be welcoming an 8 weeks old Siberian Husky puppy into our lives on 2nd Jan and looking into trainers. We intend doing kindy/preschool and would ideally like someone with experience with this unique breed that we can take through different levels of training.

We are North of the river but will travel further out for the right person.

There is a a PawPrints kindy run at a pet shop very close to me, so I could possibly use this for kindy and go from there, however it might be better to stick with one trainer throughout?

Many thanks

Jase

Pawprints are awesome, they run group classes from kindy to agility and lots in between.

A lot of them started their careers working in dog shelters so have experience with all breeds/types of dog. I highly recommend them :)

I also don't think changing trainers is an issue if you want to change down the track, after all it is you who'll be doing the actual training with your pup.

I know a behaviouralist with Siberian Husky's, but that's more for specific issues rather than puppy/obedience training.

Congrats on the new arrival, please post pics!

Pawprints are awesome, they run group classes from kindy to agility and lots in between.

A lot of them started their careers working in dog shelters so have experience with all breeds/types of dog. I highly recommend them :)

I also don't think changing trainers is an issue if you want to change down the track, after all it is you who'll be doing the actual training with your pup.

I know a behaviouralist with Siberian Husky's, but that's more for specific issues rather than puppy/obedience training.

Congrats on the new arrival, please post pics!

THanks Tibbie!

And since you asked here are some pics LOL

post-49154-0-89975500-1387845005_thumb.jpg

post-49154-0-20291800-1387844854_thumb.jpg

post-49154-0-72638300-1387844896_thumb.jpg

We have been using Richard from Doggonit and has been amazing. He takes the pup out and trains them himself properly and then teaches you the correct way to reinforce what is learnt.

THanks , I'll look him up.

Contact Kathy kopelis McLeod. She's a does behavior, but works with a lot of trainers, and she has huskies!

Thanks I have Kathy's details, I didn't think to contact her for trainers, that is a good idea.

Cheers

Jase