Dog Barrier

whirlwind

Hi, I am after a barrier to keep my dog in the rear cargo section of my Subau Outback Station Wagon

Does any one have any rcommendations?

I don't like that the genuine Subaru ones are so expensive and once there are difficult to intall and also remove.

Do any of he cheaper ones work as described?

My dog is currently a puppy but will eventually grow to approx 25 kgs. At present she hates travelling in the rear of the wagon and is constantly trying to get into the back seat.

Thanks for your advice.

For the safety of myself and my dog, I would always go the proper cargo barrier.

I have had the "do it yourself" 1s and they are fine for a dog who knows what a barrier is and respects it. I had 1 in for months and months and months once and never had an issue. Then I took a friends dog in the car that had no concept of a barrier and was very quickly able to move it.

Having said that, even with my guys who know what a barrier is I would not go back to 1 of the cheap 1s as what that incident showed me is if the dog hits it they do not remain secure so in the event of an accident you potentially have a flying dog and a flying barrier.