Another Dog Bed Thread

Brandiandwe

Didn't want to hijack the other current dog bed thread but was wondering what dog beds people used in the back of their cars. We recently got a new car - a mid sized SUV. The three pooches will travel in the boot with either both back seats folded down or with 60% folded down. We have a hammock which will anchor to the front seats and anchor points in the boot, but what else do people use which are comfortable and bot too slippery? Also do people use a boot cover with a flap which comes down to protect the bumper and if so, which one?

I have a barrier across the back of my little station wagon. Inside, as a boot liner I use a Snooza Out & About which fits perfectly for added comfort.

I throw a sheet over this to help stop some of the mess & just give it a shake out when I get home.

Mr BCC covered the bumper with some sort of clear adhesive which he brought from an auto shop to protect it from being scratched.

This might work!

Right now DH is a) reluctant to spend a lot of money on this covering and b) incredibly anxious to protect the car. Which seems to me to be counterintuitive because sometimes spending money on good quality things is the best protection. Sigh.

I have a Mazda and the back seats are down all the time. I have a cargo barrier behind my front seats. The back is full of vet bed under which is a waterproof hammock thingee and one foam mat. My dogs never jump up using the bumper bar, they clear it in a single bound :D but if they go in via the side doors they do seem to step in sometimes off the bottom of the door opening. It has a rough texture anyway and I don't look for scratches. :D