Ok I Need Some Help

Pinchy

Hey guys I was at a christmas party tonight and there was a fair storm and a little dog came out of nowheree and befriended me. She jumped on me and shivered for an hour, would't go home. I bought her home with me, with a makeshift lead, she seems to have no training. She looks part staffy, small puppy stage. I dont know a lot about dogs. I called the local rescue, they're closed. What do I do?she's taking water and seems ok.

Good on you for keeping her safe. Hopefully if she is micro-chipped the owners can be found. As you said you don't know a lot about dogs, in case you don't know don't give her any of the cooked chicken bones only the meat. I hope you find her owners soon.

If you are on facebook can I suggest joining a couple of your local buy and sell type pages and posting a message saying you have found a dog, don't show a pic or give away all the details so that people will have to identify her so you know they really are her owners of they come forward

Thanks everyone:) she is only getting the meat from the chook I know that much hehe. I'm hoping she's chipped, she has no collar but is very sweet. Not trained at all I can't even get a sit but she's calmed down now and hopefully she will sleep. Tomorrow is Sunday I'm hopong I can find someone to help her. I thought she may be a pet but someone at the party said they had seen her wandering before.

Thanks everyone:) she is only getting the meat from the chook I know that much hehe.

Oh good, I thought it was worth mentioning just in case. There are also a lot of links here in the Lost and Found section where you can, if not post 'found', at least look to see if anyone has posted about her being lost. Good luck! :)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/70966-lost-and-found/

She is still here, we're going to take her for a walk around where I found her for a bit and see if anyone recognises her. I popped a photo on the local FB lost pets page, next option is a vet up the road but I'd rather find her people

I'd rather find her people

..and the best way to do that is to make sure she is known of by vets/pound/rescues /RSPCA , etc . During a storm, pups/dogs can travel long distances !! Hopefully she lives close by ..but she may have run /wandered some kilometres from home....

In NSW, the vet is supposed to take a stray dog off your hands. The owner's information is private and only so many vet staff have access to the chip database.

That said, I have had one vet refuse to take the stray dog I found but generally they will.

Hope you find the owner soon - take some photos and put them up on posts around the area as well!

next option is a vet up the road but I'd rather find her people

A vet will be able to scan her for a micro-chip.

..and that's the easiest way to find an owner :)

thanks persephone, I thought that may have been obvious. :) I also hope you find the owner soon Pinchy.

Edited by LabTested

In NSW, the vet is supposed to take a stray dog off your hands. The owner's information is private and only so many vet staff have access to the chip database.

That said, I have had one vet refuse to take the stray dog I found but generally they will.

Hope you find the owner soon - take some photos and put them up on posts around the area as well!

This. I've taken stray dogs to the vets and haven't had a problem. Mind you, I also said that if an owner couldn't be found, the dogs were not to be shipped off to the pound but sent to an appropriate rescue or returned to me. Perhaps fortunately for my marriage, all were safely returned to their humans.

Took her up to get scanned when they opened and the nurse called her owner, local lady but it took her over an hour to come down. She had no idea the dog was missing, poor thing was covered in fleas and had recently had a litter. But she is home now anyway.