I Love Being A Dog Breeder

Steve

Steve- your own snowballs for Christmas :) You do a good thing ... you have every right to enjoy!

They are just old enough now to be pretty mobile and I love watching them play and explore and turn into their own individual.

They all jump up and bark at me now when I approach - as a good Maremma should .

Not much housework gets done here - too busy Maremma pup watching - you can waste lots of hours that way .

What a gorgeous polar bear face!

We are playing the waiting game here with Wisdom about to have her babies any moment now really. It will be the first time I've been involved with a litter from day one, how exciting :thumbsup:

Excellent! When are they due?

Today going by the first mating :D

Good luck - Cant wait to hear how it all goes for you. You have certainly done your apprenticeship and Im sure it will be a bunch of puppies sliding out like sausages.

I had one litter born the day of my Godson's christening... thank dog she finished in time for me to get over the other side of the city to be there! It wouldn't have been pretty if the Godmother didn't turn up for the christening... errr!

T.

And Id also like to say - some of my best friends are my puppy buyers - some of them going back 20 plus years who are now up to their 4th puppy from us.

Sometimes its taken a couple of years after they take home the baby to actually meet them but I wouldnt have missed knowing them and sharing their lives with them for anything. Last May one of my puppy buyers came here for a couple of days to visit with their two boys [beagles] from Darwin - It was awesome to see them with these dogs I bred and watch how they loved them and gave them everything I could have wished for them. I meet up with the owners each year when we gather for the awards but actually being able to see them with their dogs and experience how they live with them made my heart swell. Lucky dogs - lucky me. What an honour its been to know them.

1387181520[/url]' post='6370815']

Oh, just look at that baby fluff ball.

Steve, I love what you do. I couldn't do it and I dip my lid to the wonderful dedicated breeders who produce the pups we take home to love, train and care for. Without people like you there wouldn't be people like me who have totally fallen in love with dogs. There are many of us thanks to ethical, registered breeders.

Did someone ask for more pics of baby fluff balls? I second the request.

Well said CvR - my thoughts as well. I doubt I could do it and I know very little about breeding and raising pups - I'm better off sticking to rescue - so congrats Steve and have a wonderful puppy breath Christmas. smile.gif

We are playing the waiting game here with Wisdom about to have her babies any moment now really. It will be the first time I've been involved with a litter from day one, how exciting :thumbsup:

Just saw on FB that we got Wisdom babies overnight! Hopefully Huski will log on at some stage and share the details and maybe a pic.

Just saw on FB that we got Wisdom babies overnight! Hopefully Huski will log on at some stage and share the details and maybe a pic.

Thread is http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/254140-look-what-just-arrived/page__view__findpost__p__6371235

• 2 weeks later...

O! he has his own sheep to guard

Yep Ive got a couple of sheep I keep just for this purpose - he will live with them all day everyday - except a trip per day around the place to get to know us and the other animals etc for the next 8 to 12 weeks.Then he will come out into the paddock and stay with the sheep for ever as if he is one of them.Loving them and protecting them.