Dogs In The Dandenongs

Pretty Miss Emma

I was thinking of heading up to Olinda and Sassafrass to do some Christmas shopping this weekend, but the dogs will need to come with me as I don't yet have my yard 100% secure (and I am definitely 100% paranoid about such things!!). So I'm wondering if people have recommendations of where I could stop off with them and take them for a walk and what not? Preferably not really skinny tracks where we might run in to other dogs just because that makes it difficult for us to get past (given that we have issues with being polite when we come across other dogs on lead, I have one who gets too excited and cannot contain himself and the other who would like them to not be near her while there are leashes involved!). Oh and I'm not fussed about off leash areas because I rarely let mine off unless I know the area well. Oh and to throw another factor in - not too far off the main road because I don't want to get lost!

Many thanks for any help!

There's a new walking path from 5 Ways up towards Olinda - all along Mt Dandenong Tourist Rd. You can park at Kalorama Lookout (I think? Close by nonetheless) and, if you're lucky (or not!) I'll be training Em on the hill below the car park :) There's a path that runs from Olinda proper towards Monbulk but it's not sealed and I'm not sure how far it goes. Going the other way from Sassafrass there is a walking path and another on the road on the way to Kallista but I can't think of the name of the road. Everything in between is National Park so no dogs.

Edited by The Spotted Devil