Dog Recycling

flame ryder

There was a topic on here once that spoke about the use of deceased dogs from pounds, shelters and vets that were used (or recycled if you like) into dog food. I know it's a heap of tripe and is just not true. But I was wondering where that particular thread went?

There is someone on FB making claims this happens in Australia and I want to point them in the right direction.

Thanks

Many years back there was a VERY dodgy abbatoir in the QLD Darling downs area, and what this manufacturer put in his HOME BRAND dog food was disgusting, so heavens knows what went into the mince and sausages, and the cuts of meat he supplied to various local small butcher shops (pre the BIG supermarket takeover. It was in the era before my dog food knowledge base was broadened to only feeding 'good food' to the dogs, times were tough, money was short on a student budget and so I purrchased the "home brand" product for 60 cents glossy label with nice healthy looking cattle dog on label and all the ingredietns read like a text book. Until you opened the can.....

Absolute mush mostly foul smelly water based with huge clumps of hair, rabbit ears, wild animal tails (Rabbit ,kanga etc)hoof, pig snouts and of course this added to make the weight correct for packaging and at the bottom would be small amount of 'minced' offal.

so disgusted I took several tins to be professionally examined and the report was horrific and not long after his business was closed down and he was charged on many many counts. I cannot say with any degree of certainty that there was or wasnt cat/dog also included in this concoction, but in this instance it certainly would not have suprised me and I was so glad I was vegetarian.

based with huge clumps of hair, rabbit ears, wild animal tails (Rabbit ,kanga etc)hoof, pig snouts and of course this added to make the weight correct for packaging and at the bottom would be small amount of 'minced' offal.

That sounds like it would be good food for dogs :o (minus the hooves of course)

based with huge clumps of hair, rabbit ears, wild animal tails (Rabbit ,kanga etc)hoof, pig snouts and of course this added to make the weight correct for packaging and at the bottom would be small amount of 'minced' offal.

That sounds like it would be good food for dogs :o (minus the hooves of course)

Yea I agree, I feed a lot of that stuff myself actually, including fur and guts and my dogs love it. They chew on hooves, too, why are hooves not good for them?

ETA: Do your dogs only get muscle meat zeebie?

Edited by BlackJaq

Absolute mush mostly foul smelly water based with huge clumps of hair, rabbit ears, wild animal tails (Rabbit ,kanga etc)hoof, pig snouts and of course this added to make the weight correct for packaging and at the bottom would be small amount of 'minced' offal.

Sounds like what goes into sausage. I cant really see what's wrong with that apart from the fact you were paying too much for water when you could have just turned on the tap to get animal remnants, including human.