Dog Car

Esky the husky

My next car is going to be an X-trail. My current pooch-mobile is a 14 year old Nissan Pulsar hatch and it hasn't given me a day's trouble so I'm really keen to stick with Nissan. I also like the size of the X-trail as it's not too big (unlike the Pajero and Prado, etc). The Pulsar is likely to outlast my dog unfortunately so the X-trail will be dogless for a while.

Guest Maeby Fünke

I didn't realise X-Trails were so popular!

I drive a little Toyota and I have been thinking about getting either a new VW Beetle or a 2WD SUV. I like Toyota RAV4's and Honda CR-V's.

My dad has an X-Trail and I sometimes borrow it. He prefers to drive his Toyota ute, which he uses for work.

I like fast cars (just cars in general so of course I am gonna comment on a car thread :p), so am picky about cars even when it comes to dogs, so for something a little different as a wagon, Nissan Stagea every day. It comes in 3.5 litre v6 or 2.5 turbo v6 and everything in between pretty much, 4 wheel drive option, can get heated leather seats, sun roof etc etc depending on what you wanna pay. Storage under the floor of the boot and the sides, we always had towels, sleeping bags and dog food and water stored underneath. Lots of room when you put the back seats down.

We filled the car to the brim, literally couldn't see out the back window, and the car drove like normal. It's funny the look on peoples faces when you pass their v8 in a wagon. Not bad on petrol either.

Attached some photos, that is a 40kg GSD in the boot and he only just took up half the boot, we still had room for our luggage and washing etc etc as we were making a big trip.

post-45877-0-87183100-1384420553_thumb.jpg

post-45877-0-97172700-1384421560_thumb.jpg

post-45877-0-91164000-1384422129_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a lot of votes for Nissan ;)

I've been eyeing off pathfinders. After seeing one a few months back with a cargo barrier behind the front seat.

( Extra bonus if I have kids joke joke)

A lot of these sound way out of my price range though, spose I have to suck it up though and buy something half decent and not a $1500 car every year or so.. :mad

After my own research and searching DOL I narrowed my choice down to Outlander and X-Trail.

For ages I had been going to get an X-Trail as my next vehicle but then came across the Outlander. The fuel economy on the Outlander rates better than on the X-Trail and when I looked at both I preferred the Outlander. The fact I was able to pick up an awesome deal on 1 was a bonus. The 2014 model comes out this month s there are some good buys on the 2013 at the moment. I got mine for less than $25k on road with a whole 5km on the clock. I only have the base model but that has cruise control, power everything, built in blue tooth, reverse park sensors etc so I didn't see the need to "upgrade".

I did get the cargo barrier installed but the border collies can just step between it and the side walls anyway. As there are built in side airbags the cargo barrier can not go to the edge. They don't even have to squeeze to fit through, it really is a walk through space for them. I also forgot to ask them to install the points behind the drivers seat for it so will get them added when it goes back for service.