Corgis

Jed

Have no idea, simply reported with was published and accredited to the UK KC

And I believe it was Steve who, some years ago, published photos here of Corgis with their tails dragging on the ground? Are you now saying this does not happen?

I read this and can't help but wonder - we chose to create a breed with such short legs it's tail drags on the ground, and then we blame any injuries on the fact we can't remove its tail rather than poor design on our behalf. Wouldn't a sensible solution be to breed for lengthened legs (to lift the tail from the ground) if the dogs health is being affected? I'm sure that won't happen because the stubby legged look is liked, but this type of issue makes me wonder about the human races thought process and priorities at times :(

The short legs were not just for looks, like so many things people these days fail to appreciate.

How can you not love a corgi tail! its my favourite bit about him. The only thing that gets in the way are his clumsy feet, but even they do have their reasoning.

I know im young and not up to scratch with a lot of you but I'd love to popularise this breed in Aus, but then theres always the down side of it like seeing so many in shelters as there are huskies these days.

I have to say, when looking for a cardi pup it was hard to find one on a full register, not even for the breeding aspect but the showing. Too many people take the "competition" too competitively, eventually the current generation will disappear and wont have been passed on. I think a lot of people need to share their education to avoid things like extinction of such a great all round breed.

sorry if I went a bit off topic but of all the breeds ive had in my young life Corgis seem to be very diverse with families of all sorts and should be kept around for years to come :thumbsup:

903126_10201367101594443_1324832672_o_zpse041008f.jpg

ive never seen a corgi where I live. but I guess with so many choices of pures and mongrels its no surprise that a few breeds end on the endangered list, a handful of dedicated breeders will maintain the lines nicely enough.

How can you not love a corgi tail! its my favourite bit about him. The only thing that gets in the way are his clumsy feet, but even they do have their reasoning.

I know im young and not up to scratch with a lot of you but I'd love to popularise this breed in Aus, but then theres always the down side of it like seeing so many in shelters as there are huskies these days.

I have to say, when looking for a cardi pup it was hard to find one on a full register, not even for the breeding aspect but the showing. Too many people take the "competition" too competitively, eventually the current generation will disappear and wont have been passed on. I think a lot of people need to share their education to avoid things like extinction of such a great all round breed.

sorry if I went a bit off topic but of all the breeds ive had in my young life Corgis seem to be very diverse with families of all sorts and should be kept around for years to come :thumbsup:

903126_10201367101594443_1324832672_o_zpse041008f.jpg

What a happy looking pup!

when water is around, always :D ^^^

This only takes into account UK litters, not worldwide. The corgi is definitely not losing popularity in America.

Maybe their original use for breeding has been replaced by another breed. like collies etc for hearding rather than our little stumpy friends :cry: