Might Be Of Help?

esky

Hi all,

Hope it's ok to post about it here (if not please remove) but a friend's rental property has just come available in the Maitland area of the Hunter Valley (NSW) & it's PET FRIENDLY!!!!

Have seen some posts on here about how hard it is to find rental properties that allow dogs so thought I'd let everyone know.

She has available a brick 4 year old modern home, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living areas, double garage & fully fenced dog friendly yard.

I really don't know what I would do if ever I had to rent with all my furbabies so just thought this info might help someone.

I can put you in touch with owner if anyone wants or knows of someone also :

Edited by esky

Hope someone can use this rental. When I had a rental property I told the real estate I would only take someone with dogs. She said I couldn't do that as it was discriminatory. So I said, ok give me a list of applicants and I will decide. With 7 tenants the only one who ever did damage was a couple. All others with dogs and kids looked after the house.

Thanks pepe001.........would be nice if it helps someone who is having trouble finding a place with their dog :)

I think if it was me, I would also only want to choose a tenant with a dog too!

Hope someone can use this rental. When I had a rental property I told the real estate I would only take someone with dogs. She said I couldn't do that as it was discriminatory. So I said, ok give me a list of applicants and I will decide. With 7 tenants the only one who ever did damage was a couple. All others with dogs and kids looked after the house.

Thats pretty funny. So its discriminatory to say you only want someone with a dog but its not discriminatory to say "No pets allowed"..... stupid!

Good on you. I plan to do the same if I ever rent a property out.

I hope this thread can help someone with pets to have a nice new home.

Some of our best tenants have animals, they are usually appreciative to have somewhere pet friendly, and do tend to look after the house well.

We did have an issue with a couple who abused our home. They said they had 1 big outside dog, but it was a puppy, kept inside, then they added another big puppy, and 5 indoor cats. The real estate agent "did not know" about these animals, so we were helpless. They ruined our new carpets by scratching at the front door, destroyed curtains, and left the house with fleas, fur and smelly carpet. The real estate agent told the new tenants that the smell was just washed wool carpets and would go away. It did not, so we had to renovate.

However, that was an individual tenant problem, and won't stop us from renting to pet owners in the future.

Di